PX & Commissary to Open to Service Connected Vets

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on PX & Commissary to Open to Service Connected Vets within the Military Veterans forums, part of the General Discussion category; Starting on 1/1/20. Also will be open to Purple Heart Recipients and Designated Care Givers for service connected veterans as well. Starting Jan. 1, Purple ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: PX & Commissary to Open to Service Connected Vets

Starting on 1/1/20. Also will be open to Purple Heart Recipients and Designated Care Givers for service connected veterans as well.

Starting Jan. 1, Purple Heart recipients, former prisoners of war and all service-connected disabled veterans, regardless of rating, as well as caregivers enrolled in the VA's Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers program, will be able to shop at Defense Commissary Agency stores and military exchanges.

They also will have access to revenue-generating Morale, Recreation and Welfare amenities, such as golf courses, recreation areas, theaters, bowling alleys, campgrounds and lodging facilities that are operated by MWR.

Facilities such as fitness centers that receive funding from the Defense Department budget are not included.

At commissaries, however, there will be an added cost for new patrons who use a credit or debit card to pay for their groceries, in addition to the 5% surcharge commissary patrons already pay.
    https://www.military.com/daily-news/...ge-access.html

https://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/679...nning-january/
    bigwheel likes this.

Ok I guess. I never save much at any of them and in today's world nothing they sell you can't meet or beat. Well 40 years ago you did save .
    RedLion and Denton like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Ok I guess. I never save much at any of them and in today's world nothing they sell you can't meet or beat. Well 40 years ago you did save .
    It will save a lot of $ for veterans in MN that smoke.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    It will save a lot of $ for veterans in MN that smoke.
    I don't know, I think all the taxes are charged on tobacco now. Admittedly I have not shopped a commissary in many years, and this was a more recent change I only heard about 2nd or 3rd hand.
    Smitty901 likes this.
    "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."- The wise words of Benjamin Franklin.

Good news on that. Hope these are heavily subsidized. Seems like when Sick Willy started shutting down the PXs they prices werent much if any better than Walmart..or maybe I misinterpreted the data at the time. Know they used to have cheap condoms and cigarettes.

Class six used to have cheap booze, but I am sure they have screwed that up now too.
    bigwheel likes this.
    "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."- The wise words of Benjamin Franklin.

The prices at the Ft. Devens commissary were a little cheaper when I use to go there.

The problem for me was that I spent more on gas to get there than I saved.

They had just built a new multi million dollar commissary and two years later closed it along with the base itself.

That left hundreds of retired military families who settled in the area to save $$$ out in the cold,

no one cared about them, hell they would vote republican anyways, so screw them.
    Smitty901 likes this.

Looks like a simpler way would be to mail out Wally World Vouchers.

The Good Cop

About a year ago they opened on line shopping at the PX to all honorably discharged veterans.
    You had to apply on line to get set up, I've been out so long there was no electronic copy of my DD-214 and the site wanted me to scan mine so they could file it.

I thought about it, but heck, Amazon is probably as cheap or cheaper.
    bigwheel, Denton and Smitty901 like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jimb1972 View Post
    Class six used to have cheap booze, but I am sure they have screwed that up now too.
    No; it is still cheaper at the Class Six.
    The PX is not cheaper than the economy.
    The Commissary can save you money.
    SGT E, bigwheel and jimb1972 like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links