PX & Commissary to Open to Service Connected Vets - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

PX & Commissary to Open to Service Connected Vets

This is a discussion on PX & Commissary to Open to Service Connected Vets within the Military Veterans forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Deebo that what we calling it now? fatigues? That's what they were called in the 1960's. You had fatigues, for everyday wear, ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: PX & Commissary to Open to Service Connected Vets

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
    that what we calling it now? fatigues?
    That's what they were called in the 1960's.
    You had fatigues, for everyday wear, then khakis, then Class A Dress Greens.

The fatigues were OD Green, and were the same world wide, except Vietnam. There, they were a different style all together, called jungle fatigues, and were made of rip stop fabric instead of plain, heavy cotton.

Calling them Battle Dress Utilities (BDU) was something that started after I was out.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Oh Come on now @rice paddy daddy , you know "you got girlfriend Vietnam", kinda "washing your fatigues"..
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Another benefit while serving or after retiring is the use of many lodging facility's on military bases . Regardless of branch . There are some with camp grounds and even fishing hunting and golf courses. On our motorcycle trips we have taken advantage of it a few times. When it worked out for us. The Navy lodge in Millington TN is small but it is outstanding. We stayed there on a 40th anniversary ride . We were married in the Shelby county court house in Memphis. We also rode around and visited what is left of a once busy Naval air Station that is now a support center.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

While I was in okinawa (working at CID) I needed some muffler work done on my nissan bluebird car. I asked one of the Japanese interpreters for a recommendation for a shop to do the work.

I ended up buying 3 bottles of whiskey and leaving them in my trunk.. dropped the car off, work got done.... somebody stole the Whiskey while it was sitting in the parking lot at the garage.. they did not have cameras so I never reported it... The garage owner felt so bad he never charged me
    Be a Berean

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
    Oh Come on now @rice paddy daddy , you know "you got girlfriend Vietnam", kinda "washing your fatigues"..
    Where we were, the only civilians were peasants. Even the Viet Cong didn’t come that far north.
    We had to contend with hard core regulars of the North Vietnam Army.
    Ever see a mamasan that had been chewing betel nut for years?
    I was totally celibate for the whole year.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links