Father Capodano
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Father Capodano

This is a discussion on Father Capodano within the Military Veterans forums, part of the General Discussion category; Annie...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Father Capodano

The Good Cop

Father Capodano

Annie

Prepared One, Slippy and dwight55 like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Super Moderator

My God, my God.
    For those who despise Catholicism, I understand. Still, argue against this. Go ahead. Tell me where Jesus wasn't with this man. He didn't just call upon Jesus' name. He lived the idea of dying for others which is what Jesus did.
    He walked the walk. Are you? Would you?
    Pray for our remaining Vietnam vets as there are fewer and fewer of them. Thank God that father Capadono was there to make sure others would survive. Thank God for others were like him that put others before themselves.
    dwight55 and rice paddy daddy like this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Pray for our remaining Vietnam vets.
    Of course we should. Then again, the war is over, and it's about time we get over it. Oh, I suppose I should get a big bowl of my favorite pudding, sit in front of the fireplace and pommel myself for every negative nuance in my life, but that would be a waste of perfectly good pudding.

Here's a fer-instance. Several years ago one vet stated that if you met a guy with Vietnam creds you should just say, "Welcome home." The idea was to reassure the vet that he was back home and better things awaited in the future than the pains of the past.

Well, if a guy served at the age of twenty he is now 50 years removed from the war. All of us made some truly foolish and dangerous choices. But after five decades it's time to give ourselves a break.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Of course we should. Then again, the war is over, and it's about time we get over it. Oh, I suppose I should get a big bowl of my favorite pudding, sit in front of the fireplace and pommel myself for every negative nuance in my life, but that would be a waste of perfectly good pudding.

Here's a fer-instance. Several years ago one vet stated that if you met a guy with Vietnam creds you should just say, "Welcome home." The idea was to reassure the vet that he was back home and better things awaited in the future than the pains of the past.

Well, if a guy served at the age of twenty he is now 50 years removed from the war. All of us made some truly foolish and dangerous choices. But after five decades it's time to give ourselves a break.
    Seriously?
    The man who said to say "Welcome home" on this forum said that weeks ago and not years ago.

Your idiotic choices that you made were for your own personal reasons and weren't for any greater good. You play the knife-wielding badass, and those of who served the country tolerate your bullshit, but it doesn't compare. Damn, I am tired of your shit.
    While you played badass, the most humble and the most sincere went to a place where nothing but death and esprit-de-corp faced them.

How damned dare you say a thing about those who served, considering most all of your posts are about you, your knives, your bike and how you prowl your mall to stalk others. You, Chico, are in a badass in your own head. You aren't worthy to involve yourself in this thread.
    You aren't worthy to carry the Padre, RPD or my father's water. Not only them but most of my mentors. Compared to them, you are nothing. Get over your imaginary self.
    Stay out of these threads. They aren't for you. You didn't serve.

Sorry, @rice paddy daddy . You are a gentleman. I'm more true to my Irish heritage.
    Chiefster23, Inor and Prepared One like this.
    Hidden Content
    Dr. Gregory House

Super Moderator

@The Tourist - did you come home from a foreign country with parts of you missing like many of my friends' dads did? No? You just talk shit. You want to be something.
    My father fought in Korea as well as Vietnam but talk any shit, much less as your, "Look at me!" level. Those who have real worth don't look for attention. Taking the hint?
    Hidden Content
    Dr. Gregory House

Super Moderator

To make it clear, @The Tourist , I grew up in a neighborhood where families met military representatives made contact with ladies to inform them that their husbands died in Vietnam. So, you were in college?
    My first squad leaders were screwed-up Vietnam tunnel rats and veterans of the Tet Offensive. Tell me about your stupid biker creds, again. Tell me how you served something bigger, such as brothers who served something bigger than self.

Damned fabricating blow-hard.
    Man-up.
    Chiefster23 likes this.
    Hidden Content
    Dr. Gregory House

@Denton . Well said sir! I agree 1000%
    Denton likes this.

There are people.places and things we never forget. One of those being those we served with. I do not expect those that for what ever reasons did not serve. I take no issue with that. I can no more forget those in the first formation than I can my sons now serving were they are.
    If anything time helps us understand more. It took years for me to figure out what happen to my Uncle after he came home. Then all the peaces came together. Does not make it any easier but helps see it coming sooner in others.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Seriously?
    The man who said to say "Welcome home" on this forum said that weeks ago and not years ago.

Your idiotic choices that you made were for your own personal reasons and weren't for any greater good. You play the knife-wielding badass, and those of who served the country tolerate your bullshit, but it doesn't compare. Damn, I am tired of your shit.
    While you played badass, the most humble and the most sincere went to a place where nothing but death and esprit-de-corp faced them.

How damned dare you say a thing about those who served, considering most all of your posts are about you, your knives, your bike and how you prowl your mall to stalk others. You, Chico, are in a badass in your own head. You aren't worthy to involve yourself in this thread.
    You aren't worthy to carry the Padre, RPD or my father's water. Not only them but most of my mentors. Compared to them, you are nothing. Get over your imaginary self.
    Stay out of these threads. They aren't for you. You didn't serve.

Sorry, @rice paddy daddy . You are a gentleman. I'm more true to my Irish heritage.
    Glad to see you have this one under control! My Vietnam friends like RPD and Dwight know where I stand on the matter and I woke up in a good mood for a change. So, I don't want to ruin it by getting into a pissing match this early. So thank you @Denton .
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

The Good Cop

@The Tourist

Those who have seen war never "get over it".
    Not just Vietnam, but ALL wars.
    The ancient Greeks wrote about it, young men and women of today's wars are experiencing it. The repeated trauma caused by being exposed to combat and the results of combat actually permanently change the chemistry of the brain.

It is all part of the deal for those who put country above self.
    Denton, Inor, Smitty901 and 1 others like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links