Got my Military retirement ID Card
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Got my Military retirement ID Card within the Military Veterans forums, part of the General Discussion category; I retired Sept 2002. 17 years later I finally went down and got my ID card for being retired The clerk was funny. He said ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Maine-Marine
  • 1 Post By Smitty901

Thread: Got my Military retirement ID Card

I retired Sept 2002. 17 years later I finally went down and got my ID card for being retired

The clerk was funny. He said I was retired.. but not retired retired.. meaning - I rate a card but benefits and pay do not kick in until I am 60 (3 years)

12 years active duty Marine and 9 Years Army National Guard

Actually got the the whole family finished.. 10 year olds get cards under 10 get enrolled in DEERS
    Smitty901, bigwheel and phrogman like this.
    Be a Berean

They changed things a while back. Spouse now get their permanent ID at 70 rather than 65. I strongly recommend you get a full education on what all there is coming to you and you family. Enjoy it you earned.
    Maine-Marine likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    The clerk was funny. He said I was retired.. but not retired retired.
    Well, for the younger generation, "wars" are simply something they study in history books. Yikes, I don't know as much as I should.

Did you fight for the Union or the Confederacy? My guess is that 'Maine' refers to the north.

Did you really sing about "eating goober peas"?
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Awesome, thanks for all your service time, active and Guard.
    Every 3 years, dependents need new card too. Not you, your stuck with your picture etc, unless you "lose" it.
    Anonymous — 'Beware the quiet man. For while others speak, he watched. And while others act, he plans. And when they finally rest… he strikes.'

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    I retired Sept 2002. 17 years later I finally went down and got my ID card for being retired

The clerk was funny. He said I was retired.. but not retired retired.. meaning - I rate a card but benefits and pay do not kick in until I am 60 (3 years)

12 years active duty Marine and 9 Years Army National Guard

Actually got the the whole family finished.. 10 year olds get cards under 10 get enrolled in DEERS
    Good news. Thanks for your Service. You might can get the twenty cent long necks at the enlisted mans club. NCO or Officers club etc. Know you can get cans for a quarter at the bowling alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
    Awesome, thanks for all your service time, active and Guard.
    Every 3 years, dependents need new card too. Not you, your stuck with your picture etc, unless you "lose" it.
    Your permanent ID is issued at age 65. for service member now Spouse 70.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Dependents need new cards every 4 years

Mine says indef..but I get a Blue card when I turn 60.. Wife I think will also have to get a new card then

I think it is funny (sort of) I retired as a SGT E-5.. I joined the National Guard with a contract to go to OCS to be commissioned.. but things happen, time past and I was making too much money to take off to go to OCS...I ended up being too old to go and never went to Staff School to get promoted.

When I retired, I had 15+ years time in grade
    Last edited by Maine-Marine; 10-16-2019 at 08:38 AM.
    Be a Berean

Sponsored Links