US NAVY UDT/ NSW/ Rescue Swimmer
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on US NAVY UDT/ NSW/ Rescue Swimmer within the Military Veterans forums, part of the General Discussion category; Since I came back from Recruiting Duty when the Navy Disbanded UDT/FROGMEN Billets in 83, How many other members chose not be become NAVY S.E.A.L.'s ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: US NAVY UDT/ NSW/ Rescue Swimmer

Since I came back from Recruiting Duty when the Navy Disbanded UDT/FROGMEN Billets in 83, How many other members chose not be become NAVY S.E.A.L.'s and attend the 6 week course? Yet chose orders as Rescue Swimmers? Or am I alone on this forum?????

I chose to become a SEAL and passed the swim qual. Then they asked if I was married or planned to get married and I said yes. They said if the Navy wanted you to have a wife they would have issued one with your seabag. Spent the next 5 years ferrying SEAL team 2 around on an Amphibious assault ship. USS Iwo Jima LPH-2. Worked on the flight deck and loved every minute of it.
    Denton and Swimmer1 like this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Quote Originally Posted by csi-tech View Post
    I chose to become a SEAL and passed the swim qual. Then they asked if I was married or planned to get married and I said yes. They said if the Navy wanted you to have a wife they would have issued one with your seabag. Spent the next 5 years ferrying SEAL team 2 around on an Amphibious assault ship. USS Iwo Jima LPH-2. Worked on the flight deck and loved every minute of it.
    Got allot of what should have been face to face what's your Basic Underwater Demolition School Class Number Questions from internet never been there done that questionnaires. Even got labeled as STOLEN VALOR on another network by someone that never served. Yet I have a class number that we shall pass face to face, since I didn't need to attend Naval Aircrew School or Naval Rescue Swimmer School to hold those billets. So once we meet face-to-face csi-tech, I as not ever a NAVY 5326 NEC SEAL shall determine your worthiness, I'll either buy the first round or challenge you to hand to hand combat. Which do you prefer?

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I was but a lowly roof rat. Never attended BUDS. I can imagine it's difficult to have people question your integrity and doubt your sincerity. I got a kick out of Don Shipley before he got kicked off Youtube. I am confident that you are in no danger of doubters here. This crowd is very good about taking people at face value and not judging them. I'm too old for hand to hand combat but I will absolutely take you up on a round.
    Swimmer1 likes this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Well, now that all is well. It's time to figure out which Irish Pub is at a suitable crossroad.
    (glad you chose the round, I'm a bit long in the tooth for H-H. LOL)
    Don't remember anything lowly about roof rats, my Daughter (AB) served her tour. Ended up getting her YELLOW SHIRT on the Kitty on its final voyage back from Japan. Seems the spanking new carrier she was assigned to caught fire, so the sent her out to Hawaii to get qualified. She called back Home just as proud as she could be, but she did mention that Line ships of my era sucked. (CV 63) I told her that she was just a spoiled child riding on those plush, comfy CVNs (73). Salt water showers (when they work) build character, and coffee isn't Navy Coffee without a little avgas floating on top. LOL.
    Last edited by Swimmer1; 09-26-2019 at 04:41 PM.

I'm a former Army SF guy. I work with the SEALs as a civilian now. It doesn't matter to me if you were a UDT guy or a SEAL or an otter. If you served I thank you. Other than that, there's probably little reason for us to do war stories on this site, or any other, because I could be a 15 year old lesbian, transgender male with one leg shorter than the other and an affinity towards cats....who would know.

Welcome to the forum.
    bigwheel, Slippy and Swimmer1 like this.

Dang party pooper. We was wanting to hear some good gruesome war stories. I am still looking to met a preson from the military branch where they can jerk out a presons heart and let them watch it beat before they pass out and die. That should teach em a lesson.
    Slippy and Swimmer1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Dang party pooper. We was wanting to hear some good gruesome war stories. I am still looking to met a preson from the military branch where they can jerk out a presons heart and let them watch it beat before they pass out and die. That should teach em a lesson.
    My wife can....did it to me a few years back.....
    Slippy, Swimmer1 and bigwheel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Old SF Guy View Post
    Condolences. Heres an inspirational song for sad folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Old SF Guy View Post
    She who must be OBEYED eventually replaces COMNAV.......

Just imagine how terrible it is when all my directives are issued by the voices in my Wifes head? OMG.

Yet, I don't believe I passed any gruesome War Stories of the 2300 Hours a year I spent burning holes in the sky before being tossed into the Ocean as "Live Bait". LOL.
    Just a little family history.
    bigwheel likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links