Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

5th Infantry Division Reunion

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Bixon 
#1 ·
I am on my way to San Diego for the 99th annual reunion of the Society of the 5th Infantry Division.
We are the oldest continuously active military unit association in America, formed in 1919.
I am going to be with the guys who shared service in combat together. My Brothers, whom I love in a way that can not be explained to those who never experienced it.
I did not choose these men, they were delivered by the Army, but we share a bond that can not be broken.
We know each other in a way that others cannot. We were willing to die for each other, and that is something that I treasure.
I am at Atlanta airport now, but by this evening will be with my buddies once again.

I was a soldier, I am a soldier, I will always be a soldier.

#3 ·
Sounds like you'll have a great time catching up.

San Diego was a beautiful city the Liberals let turn into crap. Be careful while you're there the place is overrun with homeless who at times can be erratic. But don't let that damper your fun.

#4 ·
I'll be staying in the hotel, except for the two scheduled side trips.
I did have some reservations, since I'm flying I do not have so much as a pocket knife, let alone a gun.
But then I realized I would be surrounded by riflemen, tankers, cannon cockers, and combat support and that eased my mind.

I consider it a true blessing that God allowed me to serve in the US Army in Vietnam and to return unwounded. It made me the man I am today, and while I wouldn't want to do it again, I'm glad I experienced it.

#6 ·
Enjoy the time while you can

Reactions: rice paddy daddy
#9 ·
Have a good time with your brothers and take heart in the knowledge that you have already done the really hard job. Enjoy.

#10 ·
Three great days, and now at San Diego airport waiting on my flight.
Agent Orange has taken so many of us. It is truly sad.
Of the 2.7 million who served in-country, the VA says there’s only 800,000 of us left.

We have a saying “We came home, and Death came with us.”

#11 ·
Glad you had a good time RPD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.