Jesus, Remember.
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Jesus, Remember.

This is a discussion on Jesus, Remember. within the Military Veterans forums, part of the General Discussion category; Remember those......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Jesus, Remember.

  1. #1
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    20,025

    Jesus, Remember.

    Remember those...

    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

  2. #2
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,786
    May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God rest in peace. +++
    A Watchman and Denton like this.
    Hidden Content
    Let God arise, and let His enemies be scattered: and let them that hate Him flee from before His face. --Propers for Pentecost

  3. #3
    Member


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    59
    Happy Easter..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jesus, Remember.-dwiys.jpg  

    Denton likes this.
    Agure Aut Mori

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    20,025
    I remember when the Army visited the lady up the street to inform her that her husband was killed in Vietnam. It hit my mother hard because my father was over there at the time.
    My father came home without a scar, but only because of God. A mortar round pierced through the GP medium, impacting between two bunks but didn't detonate.
    58,220 Americans died in that damned war. The war with no purpose.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

  6. #5
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    North Central Ohio
    Posts
    3,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    58,220 Americans died in that damned war. The war with no purpose.
    Yours is one viewpoint, . . . there are others.

    When our guys (myself included, thank you, . . . ) landed, . . . we found a nation fighting for survival, . . . but not knowing how. They had been under the hand of oppression for so long there were virtually none who knew what being free meant, . . . what owning your own business was, . . . what being an entrepeneur was all about.

    As we spread across the country, . . . we encouraged the individual, . . . freedom, . . . liberty.

    After our politicians and a hundred million stinking, low life, yellow bellied cowards created enough stink, . . . our military was handcuffed and brought home.

    Those same cowards catcalled at the airports, . . . caused trouble for ever RVN vet, . . . and did all they could do to shame the military that fought nobly for a noble cause.

    But it was the Vietnamese people themselves that eventually won the war. After most of the old leaders were dead and the new ones could not make communism work, . . . they finally allowed a bit of freedom for the people there, . . . and they ran with it.

    A 4 million GDP in 1968 became a 17 billion GDP in 2016, . . . due mainly to the love of freedom and liberty WE instilled in the people.

    Go to Walmart, . . . Target, . . . Kohls, . . . check the labels, . . . see how much is "Made in Vietnam" . . . you'll find bunches. And a very little bit of it is "communist" made, . . . but rather done on the wheels of free enterprise.

    May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

    If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

    If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  7. #6
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    20,025
    Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post
    Yours is one viewpoint, . . . there are others.

    When our guys (myself included, thank you, . . . ) landed, . . . we found a nation fighting for survival, . . . but not knowing how. They had been under the hand of oppression for so long there were virtually none who knew what being free meant, . . . what owning your own business was, . . . what being an entrepeneur was all about.

    As we spread across the country, . . . we encouraged the individual, . . . freedom, . . . liberty.

    After our politicians and a hundred million stinking, low life, yellow bellied cowards created enough stink, . . . our military was handcuffed and brought home.

    Those same cowards catcalled at the airports, . . . caused trouble for ever RVN vet, . . . and did all they could do to shame the military that fought nobly for a noble cause.

    But it was the Vietnamese people themselves that eventually won the war. After most of the old leaders were dead and the new ones could not make communism work, . . . they finally allowed a bit of freedom for the people there, . . . and they ran with it.

    A 4 million GDP in 1968 became a 17 billion GDP in 2016, . . . due mainly to the love of freedom and liberty WE instilled in the people.

    Go to Walmart, . . . Target, . . . Kohls, . . . check the labels, . . . see how much is "Made in Vietnam" . . . you'll find bunches. And a very little bit of it is "communist" made, . . . but rather done on the wheels of free enterprise.

    May God bless,
    Dwight
    I was fortunate in growing up in a town where every other man was a veteran. Some came home unscathed, like my father, while others like a high school buddy's father came back maimed while some didn't make it back alive. All of them were motivation for me to join the Army.

    I had many conversations with Vietnam vets. They ranged from aviation folks to infantrymen, officers, NCOs and enlisted men. There's a couple of things on which they all agree. The first thing is that the war was micromanaged by those who had no clue. It was as if the war was not meant to be won. The other thing was that the South Vietnamese had no problem sitting back and allowing the West to do the fighting.

    Nguyễn Sinh Cung, later to be known as Ho Chi Minh, wanted help after WWII. Funny that we liberated France, but France didn't want to give up Vietnam. Oh, the help Ho Chi Minh wanted? Was it weapons? Nope. Personnel? Nope. What was it? He just wanted the U.S. to say good things about them on the global stage. Not too much to ask as Vietnam was with the West against Hitler, right? Well, the U.S. just couldn't do it. In essence, we pushed Vietnam into the arms of the Soviets.
    And South Vietnam's government? As corrupt as a government could be. But, what about the Vietnamese people. As my father said (he was there, thank you), they just wanted to be left alone. Sound familiar?

    You rightly pointed out that Vietnam has changed. Communism failed them and they figured it out. Did we need to destroy so many lives for that to happen? I don't think so.
    Was it a "noble cause?" Is that the driving factor for the use of our military? Actually, it isn't. Our framers didn't want a standing army and they didn't want our nation to get involved in foreign entanglements. What was Vietnam if not that? Did the 58,000 dead Americans, let alone the mentally and physically maimed Americans, make it possible for the Vietnamese learn that communism doesn't work? We know that isn't so.

    If you would like to read about one of the Vietnam vets that influenced my point of view, check out this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Larimore_Jones
    The article doesn't even begin to describe Dr. Jones. He was a fine man who was a strong Christian. He did what his country asked him to do, including evading dogs and sentry, entering an NV general's house without awakening the staff or the general's wife, and massaging the general's throat with a knife. Charlie earned his death. He's home, now. At the same time, I wish he were alive so that you, @rice paddy daddy and @Old SF Guy and Charlie could get together over some coffee and discuss things. That would be a get-together I would love to attend and hear.
    I'd add my father but he isn't interested in talking about war, anymore. When he does talk about Korea or Vietnam, it is about the people with whom he served. That, my brother, is the one thing about the unconstitutional wars that is good. It makes strangers become brothers.
    dwight55 likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

  8. #7
    The Good Cop


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    S.E. Georgia / N.E. Florida
    Posts
    11,432
    I don't recall being asked to formulate foreign policy.
    I was however, sent to carry it out.

    Was the war right? Was the war wrong?
    I don't know. My country needed me, so I went.
    I have nothing to be ashamed of.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

  9. #8
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Near Fort Bragg, NC
    Posts
    2,817
    I think that loftier minds will discuss the reasons we should or should not war. my mind works in definitive ways...How do I win. how do I survive.... how do I justify how I act to win and survive.

    Everyone wants to be on the right side of history....of righteousness...unfortunately I fear that is only a fantasy... The right side is the one that wins it....cause they do the writing.

    America? as a government....we are just as corrupt as any other....as a people? we are spectacular in our distrust and hatred of governments. Its when they appease us through security that we begin to let them become unbearable around the world and at home.
    Denton, Michael_Js and bigwheel like this.

  10. #9
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Way North East
    Posts
    4,862
    i'l just say to ask our heavenly Father to continue his blessings on those that follow the Lord and Jesus.
    Slippy, bigwheel, Denton and 2 others like this.

  11. #10
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    20,025
    Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    I don't recall being asked to formulate foreign policy.
    I was however, sent to carry it out.

    Was the war right? Was the war wrong?
    I don't know. My country needed me, so I went.
    I have nothing to be ashamed of.
    You better believe that. You have every reason to be proud, as a matter of fact. All of you do.
    bigwheel likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Painting of Jesus is possible hate crime.
    By inceptor in forum Political News and Topics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-11-2017, 10:45 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2016, 06:26 PM
  3. Muslims having dreams of Jesus, Whats up?!?!
    By jro1 in forum News & Links
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-02-2014, 11:33 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2014, 06:01 AM
  5. Anti-gun rally saying "What Would Jesus Pack?
    By Anthony in forum General Talk
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-29-2013, 08:20 PM
Back to Top