The Navy's Drag Queen - Page 10

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

The Navy's Drag Queen

This is a discussion on The Navy's Drag Queen within the Military Veterans forums, part of the General Discussion category; What happened to the good ol' days? On our off time we would hit the beach on liberty, get drunk, call home and spend money. ...

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: The Navy's Drag Queen

What happened to the good ol' days? On our off time we would hit the beach on liberty, get drunk, call home and spend money. Those so inclined would visit the local brothels and discos. Anyone who was gay was sent home with a bad conduct discharge. Not that I necessarily agree with that but the Navy has gone wayyyy overboard by celebrating drag queens in the ranks.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
    If being a Ranger, infantry, artillery, fireman, carpenter, (don't even talk about what I saw during that mess) longshoreman or anything else requires lifting 255 lbs. off the ground and carrying it for a quarter mile, then only the women who can do that should be qualified. And only the men who can do that should be qualified.

There shouldn't be a single male who can't make the test wearing a tab. That a man can do more than the test is irrelevant. If more is required, then put it on the test.

The fact is, the test is a minimum, and I'd rather have a woman beside me who can do more than the test than a man who can barely pass it.

Given a woman who can pass the test, whatever it is, and man who can't, there simply isn't a cogent argument for taking the man.
    I don't know how I missed this the first time around. the part about picking up something heavy and carrying it.

The US Army PT test in the 1960's when training was segregated by sex actually measured useful strength, instead of how many pushups,situps, etc.
    The PT test HAD to be passed before you could graduate from Basic Training, if you could not pass it, you were recycled back thru Basic until you could. After training, when assigned to a regular unit, the test had to be passed annually.

One of the events was the 150 yard man carry. You had to pick up another man your own size, and carry him 150 yards in a certain amount of time. That is harder than it sounds. Why was this event deemed important? It simulated picking up a wounded soldier and carrying him to safety.

Yeah, the military sure was different back in the day.
    Denton, Prepared One and dwight55 like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

I am a Navy vet-- this is sad!
    Just think-- someone in authority thought this was a good idea!
    Methinks-- Obama's navy--
    Denton likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Camel923 View Post
    This why when submarines go out with a 120 men they come back with 60 couples.
    Not always, we have annulment...
    Denton likes this.
    Anonymous — 'Beware the quiet man. For while others speak, he watched. And while others act, he plans. And when they finally rest… he strikes.'

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Or maybe the lady wants to be infantry. After all, that MOS is now open to her also.

Wow. I remember how my parents chased my sibs and me out of the room when this stuff would come on tv. I also remember watching the soldiers coming home late at night we would sometimes sneak a watch on the portable tv if we had the chance.
    "But in the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph"--OL Fatima

Most of my female classmates wore the colored bracelets with the name of an MIA soldier. They didn't take them off until they came home. Unless they didn't. I guess they would just take them off.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by csi-tech View Post
    Most of my female classmates wore the colored bracelets with the name of an MIA soldier. They didn't take them off until they came home. Unless they didn't. I guess they would just take them off.
    Here's one who didn't

"There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Super Moderator

I hope James Morland had a chance to peek at that bracelet on her wrist from beyond the veil. May his soul rest in peace.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    I hope James Morland had a chance to peek at that bracelet on her wrist from beyond the veil. May his soul rest in peace.
    There was a follow up to that, where she attended the funeral, and put the bracelet in the casket.
    Very touching.
    I really enjoy On The Road segments, there are hundreds on Youtube. Each one is inspirational and makes a person feel good. I highly recommend them.
    Annie likes this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Drag....JCIXUM75DNAWHDU6ORUU6STZMQ.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	99907

We are doomed, I just know it. What is this guys function after hours? Is he a pass-around toy?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Sponsored Links