Leaving the military is harder for female vets
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Leaving the military is harder for female vets within the Military and Government Links forums, part of the News & Links category; While it is obvious that females are in the minority in the military, I call BS that it is "harder" for them once they are ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By RedLion
  • 2 Post By rice paddy daddy

Thread: Leaving the military is harder for female vets

While it is obvious that females are in the minority in the military, I call BS that it is "harder" for them once they are out. The VA for instance has specific "Women's Clinics" to help female veterans.
    Again, the "gender pay gap" issue is a proven lie.

What do you think?

As more female troops transition from active duty to civilian life, they face unique challenges. Lack of a community of fellow female vets, lack of child care assistance for single mothers and financial instability due to lack of financial literacy are all issues women veterans face, experts say. While some of these challenges affect all veterans, the issues are compounded for women because of cultural stereotypes and the gender pay gap.
    https://www.militarytimes.com/educat...r-female-vets/
    Last edited by RedLion; 07-19-2019 at 07:45 AM.
    Prepared One likes this.

Easier in many ways for them . Protected class in employment is a big thing. If seeking higher education they go to the top of the list to get in. More free services made available to them. What about single fathers and child care ? Try dealing with that . No help what so ever for fathers. What pay gap I have never seen a female paid less for equal work. Plays nice with an agenda but just not true.
    Last edited by Smitty901; 07-19-2019 at 09:02 AM.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

The Good Cop

As a Vietnam veteran, who was vilified by the American public and the American government, all I can say is today's veterans of either sex have it made.
    Prepared One and Demitri.14 like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    As a Vietnam veteran, who was vilified by the American public and the American government, all I can say is today's veterans of either sex have it made.
    Pretty much . But there is still a lot of under the radar hate . Employers that talk a good game but find reasons not to hire vets. Children of service members are often abused by Public school teachers . But yest it is better. President trump has made a huge difference in the VA.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I agree with RPD. One of the best and worst jobs I ever had was taking care of veterans at the Middleton VA Hospital. Fortunately they had a chapel directly across from the volunteers' center where I could fall apart before I went home.

When I worked at The Master Lock Company as a teenage boy there were lots of WWII veterans I had my lunch with. They were always up for a joke and razzed each other constantly.

Then I worked around Vietnam vets, totally different mindset. There were hardly any jokes, and even the civilian population didn't know what to do with them. Most of the civilians thought Vietnam vets were all on drugs and couldn't be trusted.

One thing about that vets hospital--they had a lock-down wing. I was sent there once with the order to a guide a veteran over to the clothing section and get him a new pair of pants. I did my job, and found my presence unnecessary, until I got him back to the lock-down.

He had to have a guardian to go anywhere in the main section of the hospital, because he was a murderer...
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Sponsored Links