Most Veterans Say Iraq/Afghanistan Not Worth It… - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Most Veterans Say Iraq/Afghanistan Not Worth It…

This is a discussion on Most Veterans Say Iraq/Afghanistan Not Worth It… within the Military and Government Links forums, part of the News & Links category; Originally Posted by RedLion Maybe so, but it does not require a significant and protracted "boots on the ground" presence. Technology is a wonderful thing ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Most Veterans Say Iraq/Afghanistan Not Worth It…

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    Maybe so, but it does not require a significant and protracted "boots on the ground" presence. Technology is a wonderful thing when used correctly. IMO, so are battle field nukes.
    I completely agree with you.

Personally, I would fear a drone or other form of technology that was after me more than I would fear a foot soldier.

Much as many hate to admit it, . . . we've lost the testosterone it takes to do war.

The Romans were probably the last ones who did war right.

When someone attacked them, . . . they killed the dude, . . . his family, . . . burned down his house, . . . then sacked and looted the neighborhood, killing all who got in their way.

Playing war "according to the rules" is a fool's game than only makes losers of all.

Do it right or stay at home, . . .

Far as I'm concerned, . . . bring our boys and girls home, . . . nuke the middle east, . . . and have a BBQ to celebrate.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Bush 1 created a coalition like no other and it included the limitation that saddam be allowed to retain for the coalition didn’t want to occupy Iraq. Blame Bush SR all one wants he did what he could not what he couldn’t.

Now I think the response to 911 was in error now that we see the results. My lame Monday morning QB scenario tells me we’d have been better off carpet bombing camps and enemy positions, smart bombing some infrastructure and then getting the HELL out of the Middle East and let them rot with out western markets.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    I thought that in 2003 when I went back to Kuwait/Iraq a second time. I was fine going with the 4/32 armor for Desert Storm, but Bush I screwed the pooch and did not let us crush the Iraqs as we should have.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...ew-report.html

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Nation building is big business, a never ending cash cow for the military industrial complex and financiers. It is also a futile endeavor as Old SF suggested.

We have lost to much blood in the middle east and for what? What has changed? They are still killing each other, they still hate us and want to kill us, they only take our money and blood. In my 60 years I can't remember a time when the middle east has not been a problem for us in one way or the other.

I have said for years I would love to see us pull out of that god forsaken miserable hell hole and let the whole of the ME go to hell. Every ship, plane, base, and man. Not one more penny in aid. Then, wave bye-bye and smile, and warn them, if they so much as look at us with a crossed eye, we will turn their crappy ass sand pit to glass. Not going to happen, but nice to think about.

Get our men and women out of Afghanistan, Iraq, and Syria. Regardless of the original intent and questionable prosecution of these wars, we have long since past the point of even diminishing returns. It's a Vietnam type quagmire with no end in site. Technology and border control can better interdict the terror components.
    Last edited by Prepared One; Yesterday at 05:27 PM.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

If people would read the Bible they would know how to conduct war...Do it Gods way...
    Agure Aut Mori

Frankly, I can understand the backlash of the veterans. I don't think we lost our stomach for doing the right thing, but I do believe that our government lets our youth linger in the battlefields for years.

How about we try to win one of these miserable "Vietnams"? Not watching our wounded come home in endless waves, but to cheers for "the first 15 minute war" that started with defoliants and ended with the sound of a B2 dumping it's load.

The object of any game of chess is to win. Duh, I wish our leaders felt the same way when real live soldiers are on the chessboard!
    RedLion likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

At the risk of reduncancy..My old retired Air Force Colonel pal..Vet of Desert Storm and I were sharing a soda at the sports grill when the TV was showing the firsts boots on the ground in Iraq. The colonel said this will go down as the biggest military blunder in US history. So far he sure seems to have beern right. He was worried about giving a billion demonic muslims an excuse to want to kill us all..worse than they did previously. He has a very cool off grid bunker in the Mountains of NM. He thinks the muslims would love to kill him. Hes the same guy who predicted Noo Yawk City would be renedered unhabitialbe within 10 years either by a dirty bomb or chemical agents. Guess that predicition is past due.
    Prepared One likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    At the risk of reduncancy..My old retired Air Force Colonel pal..Vet of Desert Storm and I were sharing a soda at the sports grill when the TV was showing the firsts boots on the ground in Iraq. The colonel said this will go down as the biggest military blunder in US history. So far he sure seems to have beern right. He was worried about giving a billion demonic muslims an excuse to want to kill us all..worse than they did previously. He has a very cool off grid bunker in the Mountains of NM. He thinks the muslims would love to kill him. Hes the same guy who predicted Noo Yawk City would be renedered unhabitialbe within 10 years either by a dirty bomb or chemical agents. Guess that predicition is past due.
    Maybe the fat lady ain't sung yet, . . . and the AFC just may have his day in history before she takes voice.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I think your colonel pal will be proved right eventually. I am quite sure our friendly neighborhood terrorists are scheming up a really spectacular show for the Big Apple. They are looking for body count and headlines.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    They are looking for body count and headlines.
    I was hoping that as president Trump would stay out of the gulf and let the rags battle for errant camels amongst themselves. What, if anything, do we gain by getting into that hot mess? If we 'win,' and I use the term in its utmost derision, what will happen to our country? More American body bags?

If there's something there that is a danger to the USA, use some of those B1Bs and B2s I passed in going to South Dakota. Carpet bomb the buggers. If some are still alive or their munitions caches still functioning, bomb them again. No boots on the ground!
    Prepared One likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links