Marines Seize Pacific Island - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Marines Seize Pacific Island

This is a discussion on Marines Seize Pacific Island within the Military and Government Links forums, part of the News & Links category; Originally Posted by Denton You are assuming a scenario in which our mainland is attacked. I don't see that being needed. Originally Posted by phrogman ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Marines Seize Pacific Island

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    You are assuming a scenario in which our mainland is attacked. I don't see that being needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogman View Post
    You have little faith in Americans and in our military. Please go back to your hole and quit trying to spread fear.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    That is not spreading fear, the American military is not invincible, and it can be defeated.
    Last edited by MisterMills357; 03-24-2019 at 01:27 PM.
    Denton likes this.
    I am reading The 9/11 Commission Report, and I am about 1/4 of the way through it. It is very well written and it is worth reading. [Sep 23 2019]

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMills357 View Post
    Who are you addressing? You left that part out.
    Whoops.

It was Chiefster's post.

Whoops.

It was Chiefster's post.

That's OK, I just double posted, you would think that I would not be doing that after all this time.
    I am reading The 9/11 Commission Report, and I am about 1/4 of the way through it. It is very well written and it is worth reading. [Sep 23 2019]

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMills357 View Post
    That is not spreading fear, the American military is not invincible, and it can be defeated.
    I agree that our military is not invincible, no one is but read his post below. It said all they need to do is sink a few carrier groups and over run our forces in Europe and Korea and then use Cyber attacks and unleash hordes of immigrants on our north and southern borders. Like this is easy to do and that is all it takes to cripple us? Where are the hordes coming from in the north and who placed them there anyways?

Exactly! Our enemies don’t need to invade our mainland. Engage our navy and give us a severe bloody nose. Sink a few carrier battle groups. Maybe attack and overrun our forces in Europe and South Korea. Unleash hordes of immigrants across both our northern and southern borders to cause complete chaos and keep our military and law enforcement overwhelmed. Cyber attacks where necessary. Have a few sympathetic “leftists” in Washington (together with their leftist MSM) start screaming for a change of leadership, and presto-chango! Our enemies have subdued America without ever stepping foot on our soil.

Sinking carrier battle groups is not impossible. We have no defence against swarms of hypersonic missles and China is concentrating on these weapons. Our navy is old, tired, and poorly trained. 8 years under Obama hurt our readiness and weapons development. Our military can only be as great as our politicians allow it to be and they have been starving it for years and ruining it with “politically correct” bullshit. Hell, it has been reported that half our airplanes can’t fly for lack of maintenance and parts.

You are correct that there are no great northern hoards at the present time. But The government up there is decidedly left and pro immigration. They have lots of immigrants already and plenty more on the way. Do the research. Canada has plenty of immigration problems already. Push 10,000 across the northern boarder and simultaneously 3 or 4 times that across the southern boarder and you would have big problems here. Add in some terrorists into the mix, cyber attacks, grid down, and naval warfare all at the same time. This is not such a far fetched scenario.

I’m glad you think that America can’t be taken down this way. I hope you are correct. But I see things differently.
    Denton likes this.

Super Moderator

I agree that our military is not invincible, no one is but read his post below. It said all they need to do is sink a few carrier groups and over run our forces in Europe and Korea and then use Cyber attacks and unleash hordes of immigrants on our north and southern borders. Like this is easy to do and that is all it takes to cripple us? Where are the hordes coming from in the north and who placed them there anyways?

Exactly! Our enemies don’t need to invade our mainland. Engage our navy and give us a severe bloody nose. Sink a few carrier battle groups. Maybe attack and overrun our forces in Europe and South Korea. Unleash hordes of immigrants across both our northern and southern borders to cause complete chaos and keep our military and law enforcement overwhelmed. Cyber attacks where necessary. Have a few sympathetic “leftists” in Washington (together with their leftist MSM) start screaming for a change of leadership, and presto-chango! Our enemies have subdued America without ever stepping foot on our soil.

China has made a point to develop the ability to deliver crippling, nuclear strikes against our battlegroups in the region of the Pacific they think is now in its area of control.
    If they were to do that, they'll make it clear that they will launch against the U.S. mainland if the U.S. decides to respond. Will they U.S. government escalate even though it will know that many Americans will die or will it cede control of the Pacific to China? To drive home the point, would an EMP devide be detonated over the U.S? Would China and those that are with it pull the rug from under the dollar?

Speaking of border crossings, we know Hezbollah has sleeper cells in this country. What other entities have sleeper cells and what are they prepared to do?

Furthermore, I believe there are those within our government who look forward to the toppling of the U.S. and its hegemony.
    Chiefster23 likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

This is good. It seems to me that this skill might have been lost over the last number of wars/conflicts/decades.
    Your not always going to be able to send in some paratroopers and a few sniper teams and take over an airfield in an afternoon or just drive a few regiment's in the back door from a neighboring allie.
    Denton likes this.
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    Sinking carrier battle groups is not impossible. We have no defence against swarms of hypersonic missles and China is concentrating on these weapons. Our navy is old, tired, and poorly trained. 8 years under Obama hurt our readiness and weapons development. Our military can only be as great as our politicians allow it to be and they have been starving it for years and ruining it with “politically correct” bullshit. Hell, it has been reported that half our airplanes can’t fly for lack of maintenance and parts.

You are correct that there are no great northern hoards at the present time. But The government up there is decidedly left and pro immigration. They have lots of immigrants already and plenty more on the way. Do the research. Canada has plenty of immigration problems already. Push 10,000 across the northern boarder and simultaneously 3 or 4 times that across the southern boarder and you would have big problems here. Add in some terrorists into the mix, cyber attacks, grid down, and naval warfare all at the same time. This is not such a far fetched scenario.

I’m glad you think that America can’t be taken down this way. I hope you are correct. But I see things differently.
    Not sure what you do for a living but I am in the military, and have been for a couple of decades. I can tell you from personal experience that we are not as an easy target as some of these are make us out to be. I agree that it is not impossible nor do I think we are invincible but I do know that we are no slouch or anything to take with a grain a salt. Our forces were depleted during the Obama years but we were also at a high when it started. Yes our aircraft have issues due to lack of funds and some less than stellar engineering/quality control, but thanks to President Trump we are getting funds that are needed and our readiness is getting better. We havent stopped fighting wars or deploying because of it either. We also haven't stopped building new ships or overhauling older Navy ships, it only slowed down due to funding. As far as the Navy not being trained, I'm not a sailor but even I take offense to that. Yes, they had some crashes due to overworked, undertrained crews but most of it was bad leadership. Training is continues and it never stops. I also agree that politics puts a strain on our military with their political bullshit but that has been happening for a long time and we are still adapting and overcoming. It is just the latest challenge of day and we will continue to be successful. Cyber warfare is where I think we dropped our guard some but I think we are headed in the right direction now.

What I haven't seen in this thread is that we have been at war for what 17 years now. Our troops are not just well trained but very well experienced, and after this many consecutive years our Generals have the practical experience needed. Many if not most of our Captains, Lieutenants, Majors, Colonels, etc. have worked their way up the ranks on the field of battle.
    Training and war games are all well and good, but it's the battle field that shakes all the rest of the bugs out.
    phrogman likes this.
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

We agree in spirit, and I know that we are in scary times, at least I think so; there has never been such confusion, and a seething hatred for America; I have never seen it like this.
    And there are people here in America that would jump at a chance to betray her; that is where some of the hordes would come from, and a lot of that would be localized, in NYC, Chicago & LA.
    Other hordes would come up from Mexico, if they could find a way to get here. And they would be here, to grab and go; they would steal kill and destroy, as much as possible, and then go back to Mexico.

The specifics are hard to pin down; but it could turn into a nightmare re-make of Invasion USA. And it is right and proper to have that fear.
    Last edited by MisterMills357; 03-25-2019 at 10:29 AM.
    Denton and Chiefster23 like this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links