All-male military draft "Unconstitutional"
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on All-male military draft "Unconstitutional" within the Military and Government Links forums, part of the News & Links category; While I am not sure if it is, women should be restricted to certain jobs in the military. Thoughts? Get a load of the horse ...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: All-male military draft "Unconstitutional"

While I am not sure if it is, women should be restricted to certain jobs in the military. Thoughts?

Get a load of the horse crap that this judge spewed.....
    “The average woman could conceivably be better suited physically for some of today’s combat positions than the average man, depending on which skills the position required. Combat roles no longer uniformly require sheer size or muscle,” Miller wrote, in the form of a declaratory judgment rather than an injunction.
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/all-male-...al-judge-texas
    Last edited by RedLion; 02-25-2019 at 02:45 PM.
    Denton and ekim like this.

Super Moderator

Ummmm....I wonder just how much current military experience this judge has?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Super Moderator

The judge is an idiot.

What does the drafting of men only have to do with the constitution? Nothing.

Now, if he is suggesting that today's boys are in such sad shape that today's girls are capable of performing as well as the boys, there might be some merit to that. The Army is having problems finding physically fit recruits.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

It's absolutely unconstitutional.
    The solution is to repeal the draft laws, not expand them to the point of making our fighting force wholly ineffective.
    ekim likes this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    It's absolutely unconstitutional.
    The solution is to repeal the draft laws, not expand them to the point of making our fighting force wholly ineffective.
    Why is the draft unconstitutional? Don't get me wrong; I am no fan of a draft. I wouldn't want to willingly serve with those who don't want to serve.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

In times of war, a draft may be looked at as cruel, but if you want to live here and enjoy the freedoms... serving the country that gave you these rights shouldn't be so bad. And yes, that (in my opinion) should include women. They want equal treatment, no better way to prove/earn that is to serve the country that will give you such a luxury.

My thoughts on this subject have been modified slightly since I've started reading that book, Long Shot (see earlier book review thread) where it said that Kurdish men and women serve proudly to defend their country against ISIS.
    I feel many of our youth could use some serious discipline and what better way to give it to them.

But hey, what do I know...
    Denton, soyer38301, ekim and 1 others like this.
    Everybody seems to have a right, but who has any responsibility?

"It's better to keep your mouth closed and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" - Abe Lincoln

The Good Cop

G
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Ummmm....I wonder just how much current military experience this judge has?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Certainly none in Infantry, Armor, or Field Artillery.
    Denton, Sasquatch and ekim like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Why is the draft unconstitutional? Don't get me wrong; I am no fan of a draft. I wouldn't want to willingly serve with those who don't want to serve.

I served with many a draftee. If you didn’t know their Army serial number started with a US instead of RA you would not notice the difference.

I certainly believe that if males are required to register for the draft, so should females. You know, that whole “equal before the law” thing.

The chances of this country ever resorting to a draft again are slim to none anyway.

For the record, by January 1968 so many boys were dodging, evading, joining the Navy, joining the Air Force,or hiding behind student derferments that the Marines were drafting too.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Putting one's "patriotic duty" aside, the draft is 100% tantamount to conscripted service. We don't call it that, but that's precisely what it is. Can you give me any example where one could claim to enjoy "the blessings of liberty" while being forced to participate in war or face a penalty?
    If you can point me to the enumerated powers of the constitution that granted Congress the ability to demand service from free citizens with the threat of force, I'll concede the point.

Tying ones freedom or liberty to military service misses the mark on what it means to be free and enjoy liberty. Believing one "owes" a debt to the nation because one believes the nation "gave you these rights" also misses the point, as no such rights were given by ANY government.

On to the point of equality, I do NOT believe women should be allowed to fill combat roles. Ask *this guy* why.
    Military organizations are not about equality. They are about winning wars, defending those that need defending, and killing those that need killing.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

they had problem in WW2 with too many females enlisting - didn't need all of them - they started rejecting them and sending them back to civilian work ....
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links