All-male military draft "Unconstitutional" - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

All-male military draft "Unconstitutional"

This is a discussion on All-male military draft "Unconstitutional" within the Military and Government Links forums, part of the News & Links category; 75% of American MALES can not meet the standards to join the US Army, today. And y’all are concerned about women in the military? Just ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: All-male military draft "Unconstitutional"

The Good Cop

75% of American MALES can not meet the standards to join the US Army, today.

And y’all are concerned about women in the military?

Just thought I’d throw that out here.
    MaterielGeneral likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    75% of American MALES can not meet the standards to join the US Army, today.

And y’all are concerned about women in the military?

Just thought I’d throw that out here.
    You realize that equates to over 5.8 million US males between 20 and 29 years old being able to meet the standards, right? Current military strength is ~1.3 million across all major branches.
    We will never *need* women included in the draft to meet the needs of a country at war. Their numbers would be abysmal anyways if the same standards were used.

So no, I'm not concerned in the least.

EDIT: Also, training men to the standards would be fairly simple with a routine set up in high school to whip them into shape for graduation and deployment. It would be nearly impossible to do the same for the female students. Their physical capabilities just aren't equal.
    Last edited by Kauboy; 02-26-2019 at 11:18 AM.
    ekim likes this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

The Good Cop

I wonder how many could meet the 1960’s standards?

Today’s Army Basic Combat Training is pretty damn soft according to what I’ve read. Soft enough that many career soldiers are very concerned.
    Very concerned.
    ekim likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    I wonder how many could meet the 1960’s standards?

Today’s Army Basic Combat Training is pretty damn soft according to what I’ve read. Soft enough that many career soldiers are very concerned.
    Very concerned.
    Good timing on this point!
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-fitne...for-army-guard

Current Army Guard test: two minutes of pushups and situps, two mile run
    New Army Guard test: deadlift, more difficult pushups, sled drag, other exercises, and two mile run

From the article: "Could the new physical demands drive soldiers out of the Guard? "It's a concern," Dean said."
    ekim likes this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

The Good Cop

Low crawl 40 yards in less than 21 seconds.
    Pick up a man your own size and carry him 150 yards (I don’t remember the time need to pass).
    Horizontal Ladder - 72 rungs in 60 seconds.
    Run, Dodge and Jump.
    One Mile Run in less than 6 &1/2 minutes. In fatigues and combat boots.

That was the Army PT test circa 1967.

The Good Cop

Low crawl 40 yards in less than 21 seconds.
    Pick up a man your own size and carry him 150 yards (I don’t remember the time need to pass).
    Horizontal Ladder - 72 rungs in 60 seconds.
    Run, Dodge and Jump.
    One Mile Run in less than 6 &1/2 minutes. In fatigues and combat boots.

That was the Army PT test circa 1967.

During my 16 years in the active Army, National Guard, Army Reserves and Active Army Reserves I have only met a couple of women that I considered on par with male soldiers when it came to being fit to do their job. I did not directly serve with any women when in Armor and Desert Storm during my initial 4 years, but did after then when I changed MOS to 88M or Transporter. I found it pretty common for females soldiers to refuse to do parts of their jobs such as changing tires on 5 ton trucks or extended guard duty. It was also pretty common for females to look for male soldiers to pick up their slack.
    I remember doing gate guard duty at the port in Saudi Arabia while we awaited our tanks to get in country from Germany with one Saudi Guard, one other male soldier and one female soldier. We had a stretch were Saddam lobbed scuds at the port on a nightly basis and we alerted, went mop 4 and got into the bunker until said scuds hit their targets, were shot down by Patriots or were hit by a patriot broke in half and then hit it's target. We got hit that particular night and while we were getting in MOPP 4 said female pissed all over herself and could not finish getting suited up without help. I remember being on a convoy in Iraq in 2003 and during a short halt getting a bite to eat in which all 5 females in the convoy verbally attacked the convoy commander (Thankfully not me that time) demanding to "get a shower" immediately. No thought for being on a mission in transit on an unsecure route with no security other than what we provided.....I saw plenty of females get out of duty by crying and being afraid.
    I am not against women in the military, but not in all jobs and certainly not in any combat arms or close support roles.
    SGG, Prepared One and ekim like this.

The Good Cop

I gotta rethink the Man Carry, maybe it was 75 yards. It was to simulate moving a wounded man to cover.
    And thinking about the Horizontal Ladder - it was 18 rungs long and you had to do 4 passes. That’s 72, right?
    Denton and SGG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    I wouldn't want to willingly serve with those who don't want to serve.
    yep....
    Denton and ekim like this.
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    I am not against women in the military, but not in all jobs and certainly not in any combat arms or close support roles.
    This is probably best. We all know that todays young men are, for the most part, woefully out of shape compared to yesteryear, but generally they can be trained up should the need arise. All things being equal woman just can’t match up physically, not counting the occasional outlier.

As you point out and @Kauboy suggested, it’s the man / woman dynamic that concerns me most. I think combat effectiveness would have to be a major concern when you bring women into the mix in a combat role. Can woman serve with honor and distinction? Of course, but, men will be men and women will be women. I just don’t see women in combat roles as being effective or even necessary for that matter.

I guess I am an old male shoulvenist pig and should throw myself at the feet of AOC , Gloria Steinem, or some other feminist liberal sycapath and beg forgiveness.............Naw, I would try to look up her skirt. See what I mean?
    Last edited by Prepared One; 02-28-2019 at 03:50 AM.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links