Chicks !!! - Page 8
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Chicks !!!

This is a discussion on Chicks !!! within the Livestock forums, part of the Survival Food Procurement category; Originally Posted by A Watchman This thread is like a bad case of reoccurring ..... crabs, herpes, gonorrhea, syphilis, pregnancies. (you get to pick the ...

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: Chicks !!!

None

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    This thread is like a bad case of reoccurring ..... crabs, herpes, gonorrhea, syphilis, pregnancies.
    (you get to pick the one that makes the most sense relative to your personal experiences.)
    Chicken Pox
    A Watchman likes this.

hag

If you have a pressure cooker, you can put them old birds under pressure for about an hour and then they will cook up pretty good fried or any way you want to go with them. Still ain't as good as a young one but definitely edible.

P.s. Make sure you get all the blood out of them before cooking though haha
    hawgrider likes this.
    We don't rent pigs

Quote Originally Posted by hag View Post
    If you have a pressure cooker, you can put them old birds under pressure for about an hour and then they will cook up pretty good fried or any way you want to go with them. Still ain't as good as a young one but definitely edible.
    A whole hour will cook much of the bone to mush, unless old birds have harder bones? Pressure cooking does make the meat very soft though, I forgot about that.

Odd since I just bought a pressure cooker for dehydrating chicken and am cooking 10 lbs of chicken leg quarters for dog food now. The bones become as soft as butter which means every spec of the chicken can be used with no waste, plus the dogs get the benefit of all of the calcium, bone marrow nutrients, and cartilage for their joints along with the meat.
    Last edited by Sonya; 12-20-2016 at 05:47 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonya View Post
    A whole hour will cook much of the bone to mush, unless old birds have harder bones? Pressure cooking does make the meat very soft though, I forgot about that.

Odd since I just bought a pressure cooker for dehydrating chicken and am cooking 10 lbs of chicken leg quarters for dog food now. The bones become as soft as butter which means every spec of the chicken can be used with no waste, plus the dogs get the benefit of all of the calcium, bone marrow nutrients, and cartilage for their joints along with the meat.
    These pet birds allowed to live 15 years will certainly need a hour in the pressure cooker.

Oh never mind I see your on a break.
    A Watchman likes this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

I must state for the record that I prefer the non-fuzzy babe kind. Can't help myself ... I'm a heterosexual male, and a nice pair of female legs that make a beautiful butt out of themselves is in fact a work of art. Just saying. Bye bye now!

Quote Originally Posted by ReignMan View Post
    I must state for the record that I prefer the non-fuzzy babe kind. Can't help myself ... I'm a heterosexual male, and a nice pair of female legs that make a beautiful butt out of themselves is in fact a work of art. Just saying. Bye bye now!
    Butt out...

ReignMan likes this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Butt out...

You know the really ridiculous thing is that that bright orange thing works create ... have more than one ... use them often.
    hawgrider likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ReignMan View Post
    You know the really ridiculous thing is that that bright orange thing works create ... have more than one ... use them often.
    Absolutely! I've been using the original for years. They make a longer one now that works even better.
    ReignMan likes this.

On what page do we get to the hippie chicks in this thread?
    hawgrider and ReignMan like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    On what page do we get to the hippie chicks in this thread?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Sponsored Links