Ladies Only Homemade Pads
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Ladies Only Homemade Pads within the Ladies Only forums, part of the Archived category; Homemade Sanitary Pads | Hillbilly Housewife I thought this was probably the best description of making and caring for homemade menstrual pads I have found. ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By TG

Thread: Ladies Only Homemade Pads

Homemade Sanitary Pads | Hillbilly Housewife

I thought this was probably the best description of making and caring for homemade menstrual pads I have found. Not that I need them anymore but with two adult daughters who don't sew, I will be able to provide for them. Great use for old towels and flannel shirts.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

TG

I used to sell them, it's a pretty lucrative business, especially if you can buy organic cotton for a good price..
    MrsInor and longrider like this.

Any clothing materials that are absorbent can be recycled into re-usable pads. It has to feel soft enough for your privates to avoid any irritation (which can easily lead to infections).

You can launder them - of course in worse case scenarios we won't care if they are permanently stained, as long as they're hygienic.

I once was forced to make a make-do pad when I ran out and it was in the middle of the night. Just folded clothing.

Worse case scenario - just cut the material if it's too big, and fold to fit in your underwear. You can make it long, and thick enough depending on the heaviness of your flow. "Custom-folded" to fit you. You'll need something to keep it in place, though. Safety pins would be good (good quality) to secure front and back).

It's good I think to make plastic covers for your underwear (with velcro to secure in place), using heavy duty plastic. Cover that narrow part of your underwear with this. It is meant to copy-cat as best we could the normal pads we have today - to prevent your flow from seeping to your pants on heavy days.

Try designing one as soon as you can, try it out. Once you've gotten what feels comfy and practical for you - make a big supply for that.
    Last edited by charito; 05-23-2015 at 07:00 AM.

Sponsored Links