Ladies Only - Feminine Hygiene - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Ladies Only - Feminine Hygiene

This is a discussion on Ladies Only - Feminine Hygiene within the Ladies Only forums, part of the Archived category; Fairy hammocks....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Ladies Only - Feminine Hygiene

Fairy hammocks.

Quote Originally Posted by tks View Post
    I have tons of pads and I don't even use them for myself. I read a blog post years ago that had all these uses for pads like: they make great wound care. I wish I still had it. Pads can be really cheap. I would start stocking up on them. Tampons have rare but very dangerous side effects that can't be helped without access to proper medical care. Also, Tampons have a shelf life that should be stuck too because of those side effects. My mom still had her old pad straps when I was young, I remember it being under her sink. I'm sure there is a pattern out there on the Web for it.

Being a mom of all boys and them all now having serious girlfriends who would probably come along if shtf, I was just thinking about this subject the other day. I'm praying that day doesnt come before I'm done with all that monthly stuff.

Thank you for that tip about wound care.

Banned

there's a menstral 'cup" that can be used. check out youtube for a vid by the cast of the Naked and Afraid tv show about hygiene.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Would diva cups be more prone to bacteria and giving you an infection?

Have any of you thought of having an "ablation" done. Many doctors are offering these to women who are done baring children. I was having problems and had one done but ended up having to have a hysterectomy in the end due to other issues. Several of my friends have had this procedure done and most of them now have very few if any periods.

I have a 7 year old and am having to think about prepping for her. I hope she does not start a cycle anytime soon, but some girls do start rather young.

I have a Diva Cup knockoff that I highly prefer over tampons and pads. It's medical grade silicone. I bought it on Amazon...if you search "menstrual cup" there are probably oodles of options now.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by freekitten View Post
    I have a Diva Cup knockoff that I highly prefer over tampons and pads. It's medical grade silicone. I bought it on Amazon...if you search "menstrual cup" there are probably oodles of options now.
    This. Too many young woman in my house to be messing with washable pads. Blech.

I have the Mirena. I do worry about having the 5 years end with no available medical personnel handy. But due to medical issues that the Mirena solves, I do plan to keep one until I hit menopause (once there, that will bring up another series of questions!) Thanks for all the other info, I'll definitely keep it in mind for my two daughters.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dmet View Post
    I have the Mirena. I do worry about having the 5 years end with no available medical personnel handy. But due to medical issues that the Mirena solves, I do plan to keep one until I hit menopause (once there, that will bring up another series of questions!) Thanks for all the other info, I'll definitely keep it in mind for my two daughters.
    I keep wishing I'll go through menopause, but it hasn't happened yet. I just picked up some of the Blossom Cups on Amazon... for me and a bunch for my girls. It'd be really wretched not to have them in an SHTF situation.
    If there's no second amendment, they'll be no first amendment for very long either.

I always tend to buy lots of pads at once ( so I do no have to worry about rushing to the store in an " emergency"), I have quite a stock, for normal circunstances, but that would not last more than a few months... Perhaps I should buy more... I don't use tampons, and I would not use the cup even if my life depended on it, just looking at it makes me cringe. My mother says she had some small towels that she used as pads when she was young ( thar was like, over 50 years ago). It seems like a better option than the cup for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links