Had time to kill - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Had time to kill

This is a discussion on Had time to kill within the Knives, Swords, Blades, Axes, Spears, Daggers, Machetes forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Usually, if the hatchet or ax is going to be used for serious cutting or chopping, the handle should be clear of any coverings...including the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Had time to kill

Usually, if the hatchet or ax is going to be used for serious cutting or chopping, the handle should be clear of any coverings...including the lacquer a new one comes with.

Most who use them on a regular basis just use boiled linseed oil.

With that said, the tape will work great in this case to give a better grip for it's intended purpose....."breaking the ice"

Coverings cause blisters on well-used axes and hatchets.

Great re purposing though!
    "Orwell's Animal Farm, and 1984 were supposed to be warnings, not instruction manuals."

Thanks
    The tape was mostly just killing time, all my other axes have no grip added to them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Robie View Post
    Usually, if the hatchet or ax is going to be used for serious cutting or chopping, the handle should be clear of any coverings...including the lacquer a new one comes with.

Most who use them on a regular basis just use boiled linseed oil.

With that said, the tape will work great in this case to give a better grip for it's intended purpose....."breaking the ice"

Coverings cause blisters on well-used axes and hatchets.

Great re purposing though!
    How does slick electrical tape give you a better grip ?

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The half a dozen rolls I have in my tool boxes, workshop and truck all seem to leave an adhesive residue to some degree behind.
    Plus, the ridges left by overlapping the tape allow for some enhanced grip.
    Maol9 likes this.
    "Orwell's Animal Farm, and 1984 were supposed to be warnings, not instruction manuals."

Hockey stick tape is inexpensive and works really well! use it on many of my axes!
    hardcore likes this.

Only thing I can see other than the tape its going to mighty front heavy and not get much leverage since it aint got a handle to serve as a lever or fulcrim or whatever its called. I would trade it in for an official boy scout hatchet. A person can really swing one of them things. I know cause I am an old boy scout..lol. Woops those are too high. Snag this official slab saver axe from Harbor Freight. I bet it will work fine for ice fishing chores.
    https://www.harborfreight.com/2-lb-f...het-94549.html

electric tape would be to slick i bet.

heres a couple of handles i redone for grip. the best for grip is the first one,..the leather had rotted off, i rewraped it with twine then coated with epoxy, talk about a sure grip! thats the way i will be going from now on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Had time to kill-img_0829.jpg  

A Watchman and Sweetryco like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Only thing I can see other than the tape its going to mighty front heavy and not get much leverage since it aint got a handle to serve as a lever or fulcrim or whatever its called. I would trade it in for an official boy scout hatchet. A person can really swing one of them things. I know cause I am an old boy scout..lol. Woops those are too high. Snag this official slab saver axe from Harbor Freight. I bet it will work fine for ice fishing chores.
    https://www.harborfreight.com/2-lb-f...het-94549.html
    Now bigwheel ...... understanding that you are anole' Copus Christy boy, before your current Foat Wurth residency, I gotta ask ... just what the hell do you know about ice fishing?
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Will second the reccs for Fiber Fix, but gotta say this looks great either way. Looks like i know what my DiY projects will be this weekend!

Also Hardcore that looks great! Gah, too many projects, not enough time.
    hardcore likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links