Knife Sharpening! - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Knife Sharpening!

This is a discussion on Knife Sharpening! within the Knives, Swords, Blades, Axes, Spears, Daggers, Machetes forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Originally Posted by stevekozak I have been wondering about that. I hope he and his wife are safe and healthy. Didn't he live up by ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Knife Sharpening!

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    I have been wondering about that. I hope he and his wife are safe and healthy. Didn't he live up by Madison somewhere?
    Yes, Madison.
    He once sent me (unsolicited) a Tops brand liner lock folding tanto that he had made as sharp as I have ever encountered on a knife.
    It wasn't cheap, either. Tops is USA made, the company is owned by veterans and they specialize in blades for active duty military.
    Carbon steel - no stainless crap.
    The model he sent me has a MSRP of $210. Certainly more that I could ever afford.
    stevekozak, 0rocky, Kauboy and 1 others like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    I think he got his feelings hurt. He was a bit of a broken record in every topic posted, but the man sure knew how to sharpen a knife. And he let you know it every chance he had.
    C'mon back @The Tourist . Maybe ease up on the "I'm a biker from Wisconsin who sharpens knives" in every single thread, and just bring it up when pertinent. You're still an asset to the site.
    Thatís right. Someone here upset him and he didnít feel welcome anymore.

Iíve spoken to him on the phone many times and he is really a great guy. I wish he was back here. Maybe Iíll call him sometime and talk him in to coming back.
    stevekozak, Slippy, 0rocky and 2 others like this.

Many Thanks to everyone that replied!!

Very much appreciated, I am looking at getting a lansky sharpening system and maybe down the line learning to use waterstones!

TruckerMoose.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention -->
    @<b><a href="https://www.prepperforums.net/forum/member.php?u=8009" target="_blank">hawgrider</a></b>
    <!-- END TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention -->. Feel like giving a class?
    Well Im not a pro but I've been able to keep mine sharp enough to carve truck loads of meat over the last 4 or so decades. I just use two stones a medium and a Arkansas white. Rarely do I even use the medium hardly ever. I touch up with a steel and when touch ups are iffy I hit my blades with the Arkansas white.

For those who want to use stones i'll refer you to the Bearded Butchers as Im pretty sure this is the best stone video Ive seen and these guys carve meat for a living. Enjoy-

Denton, MountainGirl and Slippy like this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    That’s right. Someone here upset him and he didn’t feel welcome anymore.

I’ve spoken to him on the phone many times and he is really a great guy. I wish he was back here. Maybe I’ll call him sometime and talk him in to coming back.

Don't bother Denton had finally had enough of his crap! and many others of us as well.

He was a jerk when it came to sharing information and was only posting to promote his only skill. If you're not here to share info then get the eff out Buh bye!
    Last edited by hawgrider; 06-04-2020 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Spelling
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Don't bother Denton had finally had enough of his crap! and many others of us as well.

He was a jerk when it came to sharing information and was only posting to promote his only skill. If you're not here to share info then get the eff out Buh bye!
    He shared a lot with me. Iíve got a working system that was inspired by him. He spent hours on the phone with me.

Dittos on the V shaped thing. I used that to start and finish wiht a steel just like the gues worker showed me. As far as kitchen knives would highly recommend Victornox with the man made handles Firbrox? I have a full set and the shaprening steel. I love them to pieces Its all he buchers used around here. They are cheap..and snd sharpen easy. Last a long time. Old boy showed me a long scimitar breaking knife..he had used it dailily for 20 years to cut steaks. Still worked good enough to try to sell it to me lol. Dang old wood handle has a chip. The health goons dont like wood handles and thats why he wanted to sell it I think.
    https://www.amazon.com/Victorinox-Sw...300605&sr=8-10
    hawgrider likes this.

The Good Cop

He shared a lot with me. I’ve got a working system that was inspired by him. He spent hours on the phone with me.
    He's in my phone contact list as well.
    I have interacted with him on another forum, but haven't in a while.
    I'll have to take care of that.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

He shared a lot with me. I’ve got a working system that was inspired by him. He spent hours on the phone with me.
    Well maybe he thought you had a pretty mouth?
    Kauboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Well maybe he thought you had a pretty mouth?
    That's so wrong... and hilarious.
    hawgrider likes this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links