The Franken Knife
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

The Franken Knife

This is a discussion on The Franken Knife within the Knives, Swords, Blades, Axes, Spears, Daggers, Machetes forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; The one nice thing about being a knife salesman is that I have lots of toys to play with. Having said that, I find I've ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By The Tourist

Thread: The Franken Knife

The Franken Knife

The one nice thing about being a knife salesman is that I have lots of toys to play with. Having said that, I find I've been "making knives" with dribs, dabs and screws from stuff I find at the bottom of my closet drawers.

Without fear of contradiction, this study has let me produce the world's sharpest, lightest and easy to disassemble cutting tool. The edge even scares me!

The grips were fun. They are solid plasticine and incredibly light. My goal was to use the grips with that toggle feature over the pivot. The knife easily takes down to wash the components over the sink. In utilizing these grips I found the folder was about the half the weight of similar knives.

Gee, the things you can make out of odds and ends!

The Franken Knife-dsc03020.jpg

The Franken Knife-dsc03021.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Franken Knife-dsc02987.jpg  

Last edited by The Tourist; 01-09-2020 at 09:12 AM.
    0rocky and Joe like this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Started with good material Buck
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Are the top two photos pix of your Franken knife?
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 1skrewsloose View Post
    Are the top two photos pix of your Franken knife?
    Yes, for some reason the semi-serrated knife snuck into the post. It does not show on the thread of my original post.

Now, truth be told, I use that yellow-handled knife, as well. It came pretty sharp, and I just keep it on my right front jeans pocket and use it to cut whatever the day brings.

https://www.smkw.com/catalogsearch/r...CRKT+Homefront

Not sure if Ken Onion would appreciate you plagiarizing his idea. I was going to let it slide, but claiming others work as your own is not COOL! If I am wrong I apologize in advance, they look they same to me, save for handle color.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

Well, guy, if buying various parts to make the tool work better for you, I'd say you'd better chastise a few million hobbyists.

If you wanted to zoop up your car, do you hammer out the pieces in your garage or just buy the stuff from a custom parts dealer?

Here's a query for you, why do you think companies offer custom parts to hobbyists? So they can get sued? Or do they wish to advertise alternative updates to make the item more useful?

You'd been better off stating you copied Ken and bought parts to make the same knife, instead of holding yourself out as a knife maker. I forgot, these parts were in the bottom of one of your drawers.
    Last edited by 1skrewsloose; 01-09-2020 at 05:21 PM.

I'm not a knife maker, I'm a hobbyist--like everyone else here. I stated clearly that I'm buying various parts to make the tool work better.

My suggestion is that you read the threads before you respond.

I find I've been "making knives" with dribs, dabs and screws from stuff I find at the bottom of my closet drawers. You were saying? A simple "I was wrong in leading the forum to believe something I'm not." No harm, no foul.
    Last edited by 1skrewsloose; 01-09-2020 at 05:51 PM.

The pic only shows a knife that can be purchased as is anywhere maybe go more in detail what is custom other than the same boring pic of your sharpening bragging

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links