Kusa just got a new knife
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Kusa just got a new knife within the Knives, Swords, Blades, Axes, Spears, Daggers, Machetes forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Look what the UPS man just delivered. A Protech TR5-X1 and an Apex Pro sharpening kit. Sweet!...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Kusa just got a new knife

Look what the UPS man just delivered. A Protech TR5-X1 and an Apex Pro sharpening kit. Sweet!

Annie, soyer38301, Robie and 3 others like this.

Mighty handsome specimine. Congrats.
    KUSA likes this.

If anyone is interested, here is a link to the manufacturer’s page on this model.

http://www.protechknives.com/product...ck-fish-scale/

The steel of the blade is CPM S35VN. It’s quite the performer, especially in edge retention. It is a switchblade, or as my buddy Tourist would say, an automatic.

https://www.bladehq.com/cat--Best-Kn...el-Guide--3368
    Last edited by KUSA; 10-22-2019 at 09:20 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Kusa, my friend, I feel like I am that character Fagin, that fictional character in Charles Dickens' novel Oliver Twist.

In short, Fagin leads the innocents to ruin.

Then again, you made an excellent choice in picking the alloy CPM S35VN. And when it comes to making sure that the abrasives hit the bevel perfectly, there is no better system than the Edge Pro and/or the Apex.

I'm kvelling.
    KUSA likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Here's the story behind the story and why I'm glad KUSA has chosen the tools and folders that are going to serve him for decades.

If you're concerned about your edges--that is, the tools that make life easier or save your life--premium polishing tools are a must. And I believe that even a ten dollar folder found at a rummage sale can easily become a scalpel with time and care.

Now honestly, I do spend money on higher end folders, but not always. The knife shown below was assembled from the pieces of other knives I had laying around. Then I polished the edge, and now that "clump of odds and ends" rides with me quite often.

BTW, keep your eyes on KUSA. Experience has shown me that when a cutlery hobbyist starts refining his property, he invariably creates new methods of honing to levels we never imagined!

Here are my 'refinements':

Kusa just got a new knife-dsc02877-2-.jpg

Kusa just got a new knife-dsc02917.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    In short, Fagin leads the innocents to ruin.
    You have lead me to ruin. Financial ruin that is. After I ordered this knife, two days later, I ordered another Protech.

This is in the mail.

There are several other that I want too. Your obsession with knives is infectious and is webborne.

All good stuff, KUSA.

Now, I say we look for a Japanese actor as a "front man" bragging he is the last living togishi. In the meantime (and hidden in the background), you and I do the polishing and charge twice what we're charging now.

I cannot wait to drive my new Corvette around from restaurant to restaurant looking at all the five-star chefs in bandages...
    KUSA likes this.

The baby brother showed up. A little Protech Sprint.

Joe likes this.

So I practiced with the knife sharpener on a beater knife and somehow got it far more sharp than my new Protech. What the hell?

I had to dress up the new knife. It’s freaky sharp now. I could shave my face with it.

Robie and Slippy like this.

KUSH, you are the baby brother I wanted, but never got. My little brother is a liberal Dean of a faggy college. One of us is adopted.

BTW, your avatar seems to show you nicked yourself in a few spots...
    KUSA likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links