I got stabbed! Well, it had to happen...
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on I got stabbed! Well, it had to happen... within the Knives, Swords, Blades, Axes, Spears, Daggers, Machetes forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Yes, I like automatic knives. Yes, I have over two dozen of them. Yes, I have ample blade training adjoining more than 30 years. But ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: I got stabbed! Well, it had to happen...

Yes, I like automatic knives. Yes, I have over two dozen of them. Yes, I have ample blade training adjoining more than 30 years. But it had to happen.

My wife is left-handed, and out of compassion I bought her a left-handed switchblade. Top shelf, a leftie Boker Automat Kalashnikov 74. Green handle, copper plated blade.

She hated it.

So, I decided that until some left-handed scoundrel darkened my doorway with far too much money, I would carry the knife myself. I slid it into my left hand jeans pocket, because, duh, I'm right-handed.

Oh, I know what you're thinking. You're saying to yourself, "Yikes, that incredibly handsome blade guy flexed that muscular thigh of his and popped open a surgically sharp knife!"

And yes, that is what happened. Now, I do "thighs" twice per week, the blade was "touchy," and yes, I did not notice the knife opened.

...it became clear to me when I but my thumb on a polished edge...
    bigwheel likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Federal warning stickers should be required left or right hand use only this end forward. Along with safety switch that requires knife be in correct hand before it will up lock.
    SGG, Slippy, bigwheel and 2 others like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Super Moderator

Several years ago, a buddy and I decided to do a surf dive. Being February, the water was cold and choppy. On top of that, I was using a dopey, inflatable dive flag that gave me fits the whole time. At the end of the lousy attempt at a dive, I pulled my dive knife in a fit of rage and went to stab the inflatable piece of crap. My hand was so cold that I didn't have a firm grip on the handle and sliced my left forefinger open. There was a crimson trail from the shore to the car, where we went to a CVS pharmacy to buy better first aid stuff. When I got to the counter, the clerk looked at the dripping bandage on the finger to which I said, "Paper cuts. Hell, aren't they?"

Stuff happens.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

I stabbed a guy at work once.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Slippy likes this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    YEAH, and IM PRESSING CHARGES..
    Slippy and Sasquatch like this.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Never crossed my mind. I like knives and I would never use one unless it was in the "gravest extreme." Like if Loni Anderson needed me to pull up one of her nylons she could not reach...

Now, pistols--dime a dozen. I own them because I need proper defensive tools. I do not love them, even the Tussey ones. Their job is to save my wife, my dog, and myself.

This the left-handed bastid that bit me!

Attachment 100775

Should probably keep you away from kitchen utensils.
    MI.oldguy likes this.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

Quote Originally Posted by 1skrewsloose View Post
    Should probably keep you away from kitchen utensils.
    I sharpen razor-like defensive blades by the dozen and never get even a paper cut.

If I'm helping dry the dishes and my wife hands me a soapy fork, that's the rascal that opens a vein...

I was joking my friend!
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links