Denton, a good polisher can shine up a railroad spike...
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Denton, a good polisher can shine up a railroad spike... within the Knives, Swords, Blades, Axes, Spears, Daggers, Machetes forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Denton, I bought one of the most slapped together knives I ever saw. The bevel was terrible, uneven and rippled in spots. However, I wanted ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By The Tourist
  • 2 Post By The Tourist
  • 3 Post By Slippy
  • 1 Post By The Tourist
  • 1 Post By The Tourist

Thread: Denton, a good polisher can shine up a railroad spike...

Denton, I bought one of the most slapped together knives I ever saw. The bevel was terrible, uneven and rippled in spots. However, I wanted to create the widest polished edge I had ever refined, so the knife got "The Full Monte."

I cannot relate how toasty a 10 degree edge can get! You cannot even touch it without it biting into your fingerprints. I hope the pictures tell the story.

Denton, a good polisher can shine up a railroad spike...-dsc02797.jpg

Denton, a good polisher can shine up a railroad spike...-dsc02798.jpg

Denton, a good polisher can shine up a railroad spike...-dsc02801.jpg
    Denton likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

This knife, The Boker Magnum, is a huge knife and a real challenge to polish.

Now that I made it, what do I do with it...

Denton, a good polisher can shine up a railroad spike...-dsc02802.jpg
    Denton and stowlin like this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post

Now that I made it, what do I do with it...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02802.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	99117
    Gut a wild boar and feed the entrails to islamists?

Or skip step 1 and just gut the islamists!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Good GOSH! I see what you mean by polishing a spike!

I'll be ordering this:https://www.edgeproinc.com/pro-3-kit...ystem-p10.html right after I order a MacBook.
    I'm tired of Chromebooks and the crap that comes with them and Microsoft laptops and the continuous updates.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Super Moderator

I'm looking forward to getting into this new endeavor, @The Tourist . Heck, it might even add years to my life. I'm not one for yoga or meditation.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

@Denton, just like a redhead, the tranquil time you spend polishing is also fraught with some challenges. I watched the video, and the one thing that struck me was the idea of "use an equal number of strokes on each side of the knife."

Most of your work might be repairing old or damaged knives. Some knives come from the factory with one bevel wider than the other. Your favorite knife might develop a chip in the edge, and that might require "re-profiling."

But I will say this, if you want to experience having the hours fly by--and find that you think of nothing else but that edge--start a polishing project. Get a big ol' glass of cold water at the ready to slake your thirst, take a few cleansing breaths, and ink the edge.

I took four or five separate trips to this Boker Magnum--I was never satisfied until everything came together. And it's one of the most perfect edges I've ever seen. And you should have see the crappy factory edge!

So, Denton, you done took "the veil." It's a very intoxicating way to gerrymand your life. Our spouses cannot see how Joyce and I spend untold hours discussing knives and polishing. And you'll begin to buy cheap knives. After all, you're a polisher, and you're going to fix them anyway...

BTW, Call Ken for an Atoma 140 shaping stone and possibly a blue speckled 2000 hard. You'll see why. Call him, 209-612-2790.
    Last edited by The Tourist; 07-12-2019 at 07:03 AM.
    Denton likes this.

@Denton, oh, another thought. We might have to get head-sets for our telephones. You might want to walk through a knife project. My mentor is Rob Babcock, and he helped me fix a damaged chef's knife. He walked me through it.
    Denton likes this.

Sponsored Links