A good knife for a young friend, deployed by the National Guard
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on A good knife for a young friend, deployed by the National Guard within the Knives, Swords, Blades, Axes, Spears, Daggers, Machetes forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; I haven't done much prepping in quite a while other then keep adding little by little to the can stocks. But I helped a fine ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By Boss Dog
  • 1 Post By Slippy
  • 1 Post By The Tourist
  • 1 Post By rice paddy daddy

Thread: A good knife for a young friend, deployed by the National Guard

I haven't done much prepping in quite a while other then keep adding little by little to the can stocks.
    But I helped a fine young fellow from work prep, of a sorts. He's in the National Guard and has just been
    activated and deployed to the sand box. He mentioned a while back that they don't issue knives
    to anyone but infantry anymore and he was looking for a cheap one to take with him.
    He is in an artillery unit. Before he left work for the last time I presented him with this Gerber Strongarm,
    the all black fine edge model. He was both surprised and happy, to say the least.

I really like Gerber blades and this one fit my meager budget. I just couldn't be settled with the idea of him
    going over to raghead land with a chincmetal sticker. The blade is plenty thick and strong. I like the feel of
    the rubber over mold grip, the spiked pommel that also doubles a lanyard tie-in. Of particular delight to him
    was the MOLLE-compatible sheath that will mount in multiple ways.

The more I think about it, the more I like it too and may have to hunt for another for myself.
    I actually ordered it through Home Depot but alas, they do not carry it anymore.
    I think this would be a fine knife for anyone in the field for whatever reason.

If you've a mind to, please say an occasional prayer for young Connor, and that he returns home safely.
    God knows who and where he is and what he needs.

https://www.gerbergear.com/Knives/Fi...k-FE_31-002882
    And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him;... Genesis 16:12

You got it @Boss Dog
    Boss Dog likes this.

@Boss Dog, prayers sent.
    Boss Dog likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The Good Cop

A fixed blade in a combat zone is essential. It will see a lot of duty as an all around field knife, and hopefully none at all as a close in weapon.

An essential part of my morning prayer concerns the safety of all our men and women serving our country, at home and around the world.
    Every morning, without fail.

Field Artillery - King Of Battle.
    Good luck, young man.
    As it was said in the famous speech in Patton, "When your grandchildren ask you what you did in the war, you won't have to tell them you shoveled shit in Louisiana".
    Last edited by rice paddy daddy; 07-06-2019 at 03:17 PM.
    Boss Dog likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Sponsored Links