Need educating - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Need educating

This is a discussion on Need educating within the Knives, Swords, Blades, Axes, Spears, Daggers, Machetes forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Originally Posted by Marica She has a Swiss Army but claims it was too heavy. Yes, I heard some of my favorite Swiss woman had ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Need educating

Quote Originally Posted by Marica View Post
    She has a Swiss Army but claims it was too heavy.
    Yes, I heard some of my favorite Swiss woman had put on a few pounds, I think it's the chocolate.

Actually, a "responsible Swiss Army Knife" with logical accouterments would be ideal. MY wife is a teacher, and the Swiss Army Knife is the only edged tool they can use in class.

Swiss Army Knives do get heavy if you load them down with useless junk.

And the steel is very soft.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...3&&FORM=VDRVRV
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

And remember, Marica, a knife is one of man's first tools, that's why I love them. Have them serviced by the best craftsmen.

There are good craftsmen--and then again, all the rest.

Get credentials.

For example, I have a Wisconsin SIC Code and I have been a polisher for 23 years. I can polish folded Japanese steel.

As Will Sonnett said, "No brag, just fact."

Click on pictures to enlarge.

Need educating-dsc02714.jpg

Need educating-dsc02634.jpg

The nice Arkie branch of the clan sent me a Kershaw for a birthday or something. No complaints thus far. Not very expensive. Can be opened with one hand. Takes two to close it.
    https://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-Speed...SIN=B003LNR5YM

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    The nice Arkie branch of the clan sent me a Kershaw
    Oh, shut the door--I am so jealous. We might have "Italian tradesman" in our family, but nobody in my bloodline has an "in" with the Klan!

Do they wear the hoods for birthday parties? So, do they cut the cake or just torch it outside? Are any of them "nightriders"?

Yikes, you lead such a fantastic life!
    bigwheel likes this.

Naw..they are mosly good old Bible Believinng folks but dont act reeal churchy sometimes. They love rational black folks and homos. They dont like the Clintons. In fact my dear Daughter in law is big pals with Paula Jones. She ratted out Sick Willy for showing off Mr. Winkie if some might recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Marica View Post
    I will recommend the Buck 112 to her.
    Marica, if you can wait a few days my "lower cost" Buck 112 will arrive, it's just tied up in UPS right now. I will post some pictures so you can see the real thing.

Here's the story, I will usually buy a lower strata knife for myself. I want knives that can be used, so I get a "plain Jane" one and just polish up the edge and tighten all the loose screws. In a recent Blue Ridge Catalog they showed a "red-bone" Buck 112 for only 44 dollars. It still have brass bolsters and the 420HC alloy blade. It's just the 'Chevy Biscayne' of cutting tools. However, the blade has all the attributes of my automatic Buck 112, in fact, it has the same blade.

My only concern--and this is pure ego--is that I do not like Kydex sheaths for knives. Say what you want, but Kydex is just fancy-schmancy cloth. If I'm doing chores outside, and catch the Kydex on a span of barbed wire--still around in my suburban area--I might not feel the knife fall out and get lost.

I just went to the knife closet, found the regular leather Buck 112 sheath and got it ready for the "red-bone."

I think the 112 is a great knife, in fact, Joyce Wagner (also a knife sales-woman) has a Buck 112, a fancy model known as a "Finger Groove." I was the polisher for that project and with an inventory of just under one million pieces, Joyce picked the Buck 112 for her personal cutting device.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links