I'm your Huckleberry.
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

I'm your Huckleberry.

This is a discussion on I'm your Huckleberry. within the Knives, Swords, Blades, Axes, Spears, Daggers, Machetes forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; I'm still stuck at home getting over an infection. I have all the time in the world to waste this forum's bandwidth. Pick a topic, ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By The Tourist
  • 1 Post By The Tourist
  • 1 Post By Slippy

Thread: I'm your Huckleberry.

I'm your Huckleberry.

I'm still stuck at home getting over an infection. I have all the time in the world to waste this forum's bandwidth. Pick a topic, I guarantee I'll chew your ear off. As for me, my knives are all sharp, and as I've noted, I think my collection is complete.
    Deebo likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

I'm your Huckleberry.-img_1931.jpg

Szankovits Knives-house Museum

I have a question about this knife. It's the second one from this company I have. (The first was confiscated by Israeli police so I no longer have it. Best knife ever.) I'm having a lot of difficulty loosening it up. It's hard for me to open. What should I do to get it easier to open that won't mess it up?

Sorry. Should have included a ruler. The blade is about 3 1/2".

Well, it looks like a "slip joint." Meaning, the tension on the pivot keeps it open, or makes it more reluctant to close on your fingers.

If the knife is indeed hard to open, my guess is that the pivot area needs to be cleaned. I would find something akin to a degreaser, and then rinse the knife out thoroughly--washing a knife is proper, you just have to make sure you blow out all of the rinse water.

I also have oils for knives, the two I use are "Quick Release" and "Tuf-Glide." They come in a pen-like clear plastic vial with a needle like applicator tip. Just a drop will make the pivot easier to use. Let me know if this works. If not, we'll look into other ideas.

https://www.amazon.com/Sentry-Soluti...548WYCQKRE4ZNN
    Last edited by The Tourist; 05-13-2019 at 09:18 AM.
    bigwheel likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Thanks!

Degreaser. Greased lightening? Or Dawn soapy water? Would water harm the wood?

Quote Originally Posted by Marica View Post
    Would water harm the wood?
    If you drench it, possibly. We have carving knives here that have been soaked in soapy water for decades.

When I am in doubt, I slice open a baggie to a square sheet of plastic and tightly wrap the handle, then seal it with blue tape. It's not something that needs weekly or monthly care. If dirt is an issue, it's more of a twice-per-year problem.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    I'm still stuck at home getting over an infection. I have all the time in the world to waste this forum's bandwidth. Pick a topic, I guarantee I'll chew your ear off. As for me, my knives are all sharp, and as I've noted, I think my collection is complete.
    I'd like to hear some stories about your Motor Cycle Club days...if you care to share.

If not, what is your take on what happened to Wisconsin to turn it so darn liberal? Especially the University of Wisconsin at Madison? I used to deal with an Accounting firm out of Madison (back in my "corporate" days) and while the people that I dealt with were generally good people, they and I were worlds apart regarding personal freedom and liberty, property rights, gun ownership etc.

Matter of fact, my last 2 years dealing with this firm, the managing director of the firm asked if I would mind if they changed accountants that worked with me. No problem I said, but asked if there was a problem with the guy I had been dealing with for the past number of years. He said a resounding NO...that they had hired a young accountant and the kid asked if he could work with my account...simple as that.

So after the new kid completed the first audit we were having a couple of drinks at a local bar, I think it was called the Great Dane or something like that? Anyway, I asked him, why did you want to work with my account? He replied, "Slippy, you had the reputation of being a southern conservative gun nut with all the other accountants, don't get me wrong, they all liked you but that was your reputation amongst the firm.

OK, I said, but why did you pick my account?

The kid replied, "even tough I'm not southern, I was raised conservative on a farm in rural Wisconsin. I own guns and am learning about the Constitution and I can't talk to anyone at work about stuff like that...so I figured if I had clients who were like me it'd be a good thing."

He did me a great job. I hope he is doing well.

Anyway, very sad that Madison has to be so messed up...
    bigwheel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I'd like to hear some stories about your Motor Cycle Club days...if you care to share.
    Funny you should ask. In the "other forum" I was taken to task about the "old days." Let me give this some thought.

1%er?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Funny you should ask. In the "other forum" I was taken to task about the "old days." Let me give this some thought.
    "In alcohol's defense, I've done some pretty dumb shit while completely sober too"!

Quote Originally Posted by keith9365 View Post
    1%er?
    Not in the least. The CC Riders were formed by Bob Smith for the purpose of being a club, but also working in the community. We even rode with the Dane County police bikers.

Sponsored Links