Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

A long strange trip.

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  The Tourist 
#1 ·
After a bizarre twist, I'm happy to be back. I missed my friends, heck, I missed my enemies!

But during that time I acquired numerous Boker automatics and one lovely one I had never seen before, a Boker Kalashnikov 74 with a copper plated Bowie blade! I bought one, and I'm going to be buying a spare!

I can't wait to discuss the new stuff!

#10 ·
Welcome back you crazy bastard with mad polishing skills. Hope all is well.

#11 ·
Oh, I still have my game. For example, does your wife buy new magazine and book subscriptions for the "free gifts"? Mine does, and she got two folding knives for five bucks--my guess is that you immediately recognize the design.

The knife was worth 2.50 American, but now it's worth a couple of hundred.

I'll admit to being insane, but that doesn't mean I've lost my "edge."

Sleeve Font Utility knife Knife Creative arts

#17 ·
Oh, that's just what the doctor ordered. Lots of friends, no riff-raff, and no cats to work up my allergies.

As for polishing, I posted in another thread on what I use. I buy waterstones fro Ken Schwartz, he has a contact directly in Japan. The composite stones are even way up the grit table--I have stones starting at 140 grit all the way to 30,000. I also have his emulsions and suspensions, but the real hero is his nanodiamond slurry. One bottle gets you 3.2 million grit, and if you just won the lottery, I can polish your edge out to 5.4 million grit.

As for the forum, I wish I had never left, it's a jungle out there...

#19 ·
OSG, I believe there is an edge for every need. As for time and patience, some of my most relaxed moments are over the stones.

I just worked several hours (and the change of daylight) to refine a Kershaw. Now, we both know what my wife is going to do to that edge going out tonight for dinner with the girls. That beautiful bezillion grit edge is going to be banged against every porcelain item in the restaurant.

But my wife is going to have a wonderful time. Even if she has a steak, it will be sliced perfectly. So I had a relaxing time, and she will have a relaxing time.

Heck, it's my bevel, I can repair it in an hour or two...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.