Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Possible move to Idaho

4K views 30 replies 15 participants last post by  R. Zangier 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. Im looking now at a possibke move to Idaho from Hellifornia. Can anyone tell me about the area around Hayden? Looking for a permanent home to work another 25yrs and retire. Away from all the gun grabbing, tranny loving libtards!

#2 ·
Dang Ghost01

Couer d'Alene is right there by Hayden, probably expensive but a bee-u-tiful place.

On the eastern side of the state there is Victor, ID. Nice little 2 or 3 Stop Light town. We go thru there on our way to Jackson WY from Idaho Falls and we've always thought it would be a nice little town to spend the summers in retirement.

Other than that, I got nothing. Good luck

#3 · (Edited)
As an exIdahoian and soon to be an Idahoian again, Hayden is VERY expensive like Slippy said. It also depends on what kind of work you do. Some jobs are harder to get in certain parts of the state. I am a Respiratory Therapist, you would think I can get a job anywhere in Idaho. Nope, I had to move to the Treasure Valley (Boise, Nampa). I would look to the eastern part of the state. Also there are anti-gun rumblings going on in Idaho by the Kalifornians that have moved there. You know, they hate Kalifornia so the move, then change that place into Kalifornia.
Victor, Driggs, Pocatello are great places if you want to raise a family.
Also Horseshoe Bend and Idaho City in the Boise area are great if you want "Off Grid" living but close to work, major hospitals and airport etc...

Reactions: bigwheel
#4 ·
Im an aircraft mechanic so ive been looking around the Cour de Alene airport. Someone told me Rathdrum is a nice place. I know this is my second post within an hour or so. Everything seems to be happening for me slowly but the California is turning to crap quickly. And now with my wifes illness it has me more concerned.

#5 ·
I worry to much also about what could happen. I think about Yellowstone and a possible eruption. Ive got to relax and not get so worked up but the thought of my family starving to death or wife and daughters being raped by an unsavory group of individuals because there is no more law or freezing from exposure to the elements terrifies me more than anything.

#10 ·
I would move to Driggs or St Anthony before the northern panhandle. But it seems like the work for you would probably be near Boise or Idaho Falls. When I left Boise, it's been a few years, I had to have keys made for my house I had lost them. We hadn't locked the doors in years. A friend of mine still lives down the street and said our old neighborhood hadn't changed one bit.

#11 ·
I recommend a little Town just outside (south east) of Coeur d'Alene ....

Coeur d'Alene
Head east on E Sherman Ave toward S 5th St
1.4 mi
Turn right to merge onto I-90 E toward Kellogg/Missoula
0.3 mi
Merge onto I-90 E
Entering Montana
276 mi
Take exit 122 toward Rocker
0.3 mi
Turn right toward Grizzly Trail
121 ft
Turn left onto Grizzly Trail
0.6 mi
Grizzly Trail turns right and becomes S Rocker Rd
0.2 mi
Turn left onto Santa Claus Rd
2.2 mi
Turn right onto Centennial Ave
1.0 mi
Turn right onto Montana St
0.4 mi
Turn left onto La Salle St
364 ft
Take the Interstate 15 N/Interstate 90 E ramp on the left
0.2 mi
Merge onto I-90
74.6 mi
Keep left to continue on I-90 E
156 mi
Take exit 456 for I-90 E toward Sheridan
0.4 mi
Continue onto I-90 E
53.5 mi
Take the exit toward US-212 E
0.4 mi
Turn left onto US-212 E
106 mi
Turn right onto US-212 E/Park Ave
Continue to follow US-212 E
Passing through Wyoming
Entering South Dakota
94.1 mi
Turn right onto US-212 BUS E/US-85 S
Continue to follow US-85 S
2.4 mi
Turn left onto SD-34 E
17.5 mi
Turn left to merge onto I-90 E/SD-34 E/US-14 E toward Sturgis/Rapid City
0.2 mi
Merge onto I-90 E/SD-34 E/US-14 E
Continue to follow I-90 E
372 mi
Take exit 396A to merge onto I-29 S toward Sioux City
8.9 mi
Keep left to stay on I-29 S
Entering Iowa
83.2 mi
Keep left to stay on I-29 S
72.4 mi
Take exit 71 for I-680 E toward Des Moines
0.8 mi
Continue onto I-680 E
16.5 mi
Merge onto I-80 E
29.5 mi
Take exit 57 toward Atlantic/Cass County N16
0.4 mi
Turn right onto 620th St/Olive St
Continue to follow Olive St
6.4 mi
Turn left onto E 7th St/White Pole Rd
Pass by Great Western Bank (on the right in 0.6 mi)
1.0 mi
Turn right onto US-71 S/Whitney St
Continue to follow US-71 S
47.0 mi
Turn right to stay on US-71 S
1.7 mi
Turn left onto US-71 S/S 16th St
Entering Missouri
37.2 mi
Continue onto US-71 S
29.4 mi
Take the exit on the left onto I-29 S/US-71 S toward US-59 S/Kansas City
0.3 mi
Merge onto I-29 S/US-71 S
42.3 mi
Keep left at the fork to stay on I-29 S/US-71 S, follow signs for Kansas City
10.8 mi
Keep left to continue on I-29 S
8.2 mi
Keep left to continue on US-71, follow signs for Interstate 70 E/U.S. 40 E/Saint Louis
0.3 mi
Continue onto I-70 E/US-71 S
0.3 mi
Keep right at the fork to continue on US-71 S, follow signs for Joplin
105 ft
Take exit 2M on the left for US 71 S
0.4 mi
Continue onto US-71 S
5.7 mi
Keep left to stay on US-71 S
Pass by Church's Chicken (on the right in 1.3 mi)
1.4 mi
Keep left to stay on US-71 S
3.3 mi
Continue onto I-49/US-71 S
27.0 mi
Take exit 157 for MO-7 S toward Clinton
0.2 mi
Turn left onto MO-7 S/E 275th St/E Hwy 7
Continue to follow MO-7 S/E Hwy 7
39.1 mi
Continue onto MO-13 S/MO-52 W
Continue to follow MO-13 S
84.4 mi
Turn left onto the Interstate 44 E ramp to Rolla
0.2 mi
Merge onto I-44 E
4.3 mi
Take exit 82A to merge onto US-65 S toward Branson
8.7 mi
Take the exit onto US-60 E toward Cabool
0.2 mi
Merge onto US-60 E
82.0 mi
Slight right onto US Hwy 63 S
Pass by Ruby Tuesday (on the right in 18.4 mi)
20.2 mi
Continue straight onto Jan Howard Expy
0.3 mi
Continue straight onto Jan Howard Expy/US Hwy 63 S
Continue to follow US Hwy 63 S
23.4 mi
Continue straight to stay on US Hwy 63 S
Entering Arkansas
17.7 mi
Turn left onto US-412/US-62 W/US Hwy 63 S
Continue to follow US Hwy 63 S
58.3 mi
Continue onto I-555/US Hwy 63 S
48.6 mi
Take exit 1A for Interstate 55 S toward Memphis
0.5 mi
Merge onto I-55 S
18.6 mi
Keep left at the fork to continue on I-40, follow signs for Interstate 40 E/Memphis/Nashville
Entering Tennessee
5.3 mi
Take exit 1 for Riverside Dr S toward Front St N
0.2 mi
Keep left at the fork, follow signs for Front Street
0.1 mi
Turn right onto N Front St
384 ft
Turn left onto Poplar Ave
0.2 mi
Memphis, Tennessee

#15 ·
I luvs me some bowlin green. Lived down in scottsville when I was a little cowpoke...bout 4 or 5 years old. Daddy work construction. I'm a cumberland gap boy....always loved the hills in Kentucky and Tennessee. It was so steep, If you fell down, you'd roll into the next county. I'm now the type a fella who knows what can be seen from 30,000 to 60,000 feet in the air....so I just naturally prefer vegetation betwixt me in the air, whether I'm up to good or the no sorta good.

I like a hill or 10 twixed be and my neighbors....just so's I can't throw a rock and hit nobody...or pee off my porch without pissing somebody off.

#19 ·
I wonder--is it just seemingly verbal attitude disguised as a talking point? Is there really such a thing as a "peaceful Arab," or is the guy just as vicious but has a good 'white guy' job with career advancement and dental insurance?

Hey, I played someone I was not. I got premium pay for being a credit manager, and no one ever questioned my motives, my peccadilloes or my political leanings.

#21 ·
Wasnt meaning for it to turn into a racial discussion but it seems to have migrated that way but i agree. America is supposed to be free from religious persecution but when a religion promotes killing non believers a line has to be drawn. Same thing with some of their other beliefs. Mutilation of woman and children and making women cover their bodies. Why bring that shit here and not stay in their own countries and do it. The left are pushing for mass immigration of primarily military age men into America. There I've said my piece on it.

#23 ·
I've grown up in Idaho but I lived in Eagle as a kid, Nampa in college and Meridian and Boise for my adult life so far. I am happiest in Boise but that being said, it's hard to watch my beloved state go from a place where you can leave your home unlocked all the time (80s and 90s mostly) to having higher crime is pretty hard to watch. I remember when I was a kid we used to giggle because the cows in the farm next to my middle school would get out and peek inside the windows of the school. I don't miss the cow smell though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#26 ·
We had looked at Orofina which seemed like a nice small town, problem was that there wasn't much real estate for sale. Too many people heading up to Idaho real estate agent said homes come on the market and people in California buys the place without coming to look within a few days.
The californians are forcibly making the market go up by buying up all the land and raising the prices... its an abomination!

#28 ·
Big reason I moved to Maine from Northern Idaho in 2016 was the incredible deals on property there under $200k.
It's a beautiful state with nice people but you need to be prepared for back-to-back 3-foot snowfalls and a depressed economy. Oh - and a lot of those properties won't pass VA appraisal without a good bit of work.
I enjoyed it for a few years and have settled on Sioux Falls as a decent mid-sized city with a big VA, stores, restaurants and a new Amazon Fulfillment Center finishing this year.
Economy here is good and many folks coming in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.