Coyotes?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Coyotes?

This is a discussion on Coyotes? within the Hunting and Trapping forums, part of the Survival Food Procurement category; My husband and I live in Kentucky where coyotes can be hunted year round. Last night we were talking about if coyote is fit to ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Coyotes?

Question Coyotes?

My husband and I live in Kentucky where coyotes can be hunted year round. Last night we were talking about if coyote is fit to eat. Does anyone have any thoughts? (Other than I'm crazy, it's a dog, yada yada yada...) I know it sounds kinda gross but in a survival situation if you were starving, would it harm you to eat one? And people that hunt coyotes...what do they do with the body after it's been skinned for the pelt? That's the one animal I've never hunted before so I don't know much about them, other than there are PLENTY behind our house and annoying/pest. Thanks guys!

I would never have a issue BBQing one up, We can hunt them year round where I live also but those things just seem to almost never show there faces when I am around. Enough Tabasco sause and everything tastes the same.
    rickkyw1720pf likes this.

I've eaten dog in Korea can't see where coyote would be much different. Before SHTF you probably want to Google for disease indicators. Once you have your candidate look for active infections etc. Bon Appetite

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

You can hunt coyotes there?! Legally?! Here we have to defer to homeland security, otherwise it's considered vigilante...

...oh those coyotes.
    Rest In Peace, Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Quote Originally Posted by dannydefense View Post
    You can hunt coyotes there?! Legally?! Here we have to defer to homeland security, otherwise it's considered vigilante...

...oh those coyotes.
    If we could hunt your kind I think I'd be getting a new tag!
    Mrs.Prep likes this.

One word BBQ
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by retired guard View Post
    If we could hunt your kind I think I'd be getting a new tag!
    I hope "your" was supposed to be "their". :D If people started hunting my kind, there'd be no tax dollars left for the illegals to feed off of. Heh.
    Rest In Peace, Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

I went to a wild game dinner and ate skunk opossum wood chuck muskratt. I did not eat dog. Trust me if I was hungry I would eat coyotes and Kim kardashian. The coyotes first.

Looters are less likely to have parasites, disease, who knows what... Meat is probably less tough & stringy to.

Looter with potato wedges:
    Attachment 3185
    Cheesewiz likes this.
    Reality: Hidden Content

If you do shoot some coyotes you can use it for your prep of the day as you will be competing over the same food sources.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links