Just to clarify one or two things that were mentioned - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Just to clarify one or two things that were mentioned

This is a discussion on Just to clarify one or two things that were mentioned within the Hunting and Trapping forums, part of the Survival Food Procurement category; Originally Posted by Stick Use a pellet gun. Practice on Necco wafers, bottle caps, whatever. Get close and shoot em in the head. But first, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Just to clarify one or two things that were mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by Stick View Post
    Use a pellet gun. Practice on Necco wafers, bottle caps, whatever. Get close and shoot em in the head. But first, I think it might help if you were to watch a cat hunt, and then try to move like that. Slow, focused, and quiet. You only have to get close enough...all the elk hunters I know, me included, carry a .22 pistol of some sort, and many carry pellet pistols, just for grouse. Couldn't hook ya with the burlap bag and stick idea, huh?
    Haha well... No ? Although when you mention burlap sack and a stick it sure does give me ideas. Mostly ideas I should keep to myself

Mmmmmmm possum! Never ate that... Sure would if I had the chance. I have a small property on the American side of the border about 14 hours or so from my current location. That area is crawling with possums, huge ones! They tend to get in the way of my motorcyle tires. Can never tell if they are roadkill or just playin possum :D

Banned

Personally I'd suggest not eating possum unless you're starving. They are as greasy (and tough) as the stories suggest. I just shoot the possums and more recently the skunks to keep them out of the cat food for Prissy the barn cat.

Those 22's wont fully penetrate an adult skunk either but will drop them. Unfortunately a skunk will still spray even if you blow it's brains out (literally). I've learned the hard way to not shoot until they are further away from my shop or house.
    Blackcat likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links