Trapping tracking
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Trapping tracking

This is a discussion on Trapping tracking within the Hunting and Trapping forums, part of the Survival Food Procurement category; Ive been practicing my tracking and trapping skills around the woods at the back of my property. Im going by what I can find online ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By M118LR
  • 1 Post By Camel923

Thread: Trapping tracking

Trapping tracking

Ive been practicing my tracking and trapping skills around the woods at the back of my property.
    Im going by what I can find online and somewhat re inventing the wheel lol.
    By that I mean I have no idea what im doing so im going out in the woods and trying to learn skills by jumping right in.
    What im looking for is tips, hints, advice on how to find animal sign and track on foot.
    I can identify blatantly obvious animal trails and identify tracks and droppings but thats about it.
    Those skills dont really seem to help much as I cant find "active or well used trails" or "recent tracks or droppings"
    I would like to develop much more skill than I currently have but most of the stuff I find online is very very basic stuff I already know like "this is what tracks look like, this is what a game trail looks like, animals poop in the woods"

Id love some advice from personal experience or links to good info.
    Especially how to identify a current rabbit trail.
    Im pretty sure all the ones I find are abandoned.

No longer here.

Sometimes On The Job Training is just that. I've never ate a cyber Rabbit. But Ya'll have never known hunger behind the keyboard. Don't bother coming inside the abode until you have filled your belly from the woods on your back yard, than you can be the one to pass along experieince. JMHO. But I am a bit on the "GRUFF SIDE"
    Blackcat likes this.

Reading a trail is an art that has a spiritual component. Sometimes you can just feel where the critter went when there is no obvious trail. You only get to that point with practice. Got any friends or neighbors that do this? I bet they would be glad to show you a few things.
    Blackcat likes this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Sponsored Links