Squirrels!!! - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Squirrels!!!

This is a discussion on Squirrels!!! within the Hunting and Trapping forums, part of the Survival Food Procurement category; ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Squirrels!!!

Squirrels!!!-20200906_172003.jpg
    Michael_Js, Beechnut and Slippy like this.

I go squirrel hunting every year since I was 12. I have changed to bow hunting them to make it more challenging
    Annie, Beechnut and Slippy like this.

Nothing beats deep fried squirrel, milk gravy, fried eggs, and biscuits. This used to be a deer camp special.
    Prepare for the worst, Hope for the best
    Worry about the things you can control, Plan for the things you can't

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    The chimpmunks and reds are great range practice for the air rifle, then can make/do head shots on the rabbits and woodchucks easier.

I've had the munks and reds get into my barns and chew up all sorts of things, make nests, even chew through plastic gas tanks on trimmers and chainsaws. I try to have an air rifle and pellets handy whenever working in or near the house/barns

Greys are good eating but you need a few to get a meal. Clean and quarter, par boil, then fry up with some seasoning and breading
    Quote Originally Posted by modfan View Post
    Nothing beats deep fried squirrel, milk gravy, fried eggs, and biscuits. This used to be a deer camp special.
    I like to throw a bit of worchestershire and balsalmic vinegar and maybe a bit of hot sauce into the water in the pressure cooker and then put the squirrels onto the rack. Cooks that good flavor right in and makes them super tender.
    Slippy likes this.

Too hot yet, here.

I don't eat rats & other rodents.

It was breezy this morning and the squirrels weren't moving around. We hunted for about an hour and a half and all we saw was a porcupine and two scrawny Amish. Tomorrow is another day and he has decided that he likes gym class a lot better when he's learning at home than when he's in school lol.
    Pobilly Duke likes this.

I didn't make it out, didn't see any squirrels in my yard either
    Bucket-Back since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by AquaHull View Post
    I didn't make it out, didn't see any squirrels in my yard either
    They had been running around in my yard before the wind started coming up, but I had told him he had to do 2 hours of school work before we could go. Mistake on my part hunting wise, but he needs to know school work comes first. He did some extra this afternoon so we will get out earlier tomorrow.
    Pobilly Duke and AquaHull like this.

Indirect heat 300 degrees or so for about 1 hour depending on size and quantity of squirrels, use hickory wood to smoke.

Place squirrel in a shallow foil pan with sweet onions, worcestershire sauce and butter; liquid should cover about half of squirrel. Salt/Pepper/Garlic Powder to taste.

Flip squirrel every 20 minutes or so and baste exposed side with worcestershire sauce and butter liquid. Corn Salsa and pair with a nice Bourbon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links