Colt single action frontier scout!
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Colt single action frontier scout! within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Hello folks, I just picked up a great condition frontier scout, 22lr without the mag cylinder, $130. My question, sort of, is it worth cleaning ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Colt single action frontier scout!

Hello folks, I just picked up a great condition frontier scout, 22lr without the mag cylinder, $130. My question, sort of, is it worth cleaning to sell? Or should this be my new boat gun? Impulse buy from a friend who’s even poorer than me.

I'd say it's worth cleaning to keep. Good price, great manufacturer.

So many copies out there, if it says Colt on it, it would sell itself. Great buy!jmo.
    Last edited by 1skrewsloose; 10-31-2017 at 03:14 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Update: it’s wearing the magnum cylinder, missing the LR.

Research and know what you have and the real world value before you do anything to it. Once you have the facts and are sure it is right. Then figure out if it is an investment or a new cool weapon to be put to work.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

rice paddy daddy likes this.

I bought one 5-6 years ago and wanted the Mag cylinder as an option and bought from this source... https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-man...ew-frontier-22

I did find that the gun is more accurate shooting lr instead of mag's, so most of the time I have the lr cylinder mounted. I did get a tighter fitting cylinder pin. Even though the gun had never been fired when I bought it, the cylinder pin had more clearance than I prefer.
    Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart

The Good Cop

What a score!!!
    Keep it, it's a Colt.
    Will only get more valuable with time.
    It's a Colt.
    Do not "clean it up". The original finish, even if that finish is gone, equals top value. Rebluing, or, God forbid, taking steel wool to it, and you will indeed have a $130 gun.
    Just clean as you would any gun after a range trip - Hoppes or other powder solvent, lightly oil it after.

I have two Ruger Single Six's, I would love to have a Colt Frontier Six.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by pakrat View Post
    I did find that the gun is more accurate shooting lr instead of mag's, so most of the time I have the lr cylinder mounted.
    That's odd. It's usually the other way around. The 22 WMR bullet is larger diameter than the 22LR, and so most combination revolvers are bore sized to the WMR.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Those are cheaply made Colts.

In some cases the case harden colors are sprayed on, not from Cyanide and oil.

Ejector rod housings are die cast zinc.

I have worked on about 50 of them in the last 3 years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links