budget gun for SHTF?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

budget gun for SHTF?

This is a discussion on budget gun for SHTF? within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; I am a strong believer in the 2nd Amendment and wanted to find the best option for someone on a tight budget. We should all ...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: budget gun for SHTF?

budget gun for SHTF?

I am a strong believer in the 2nd Amendment and wanted to find the best option for someone on a tight budget. We should all have the right to defend ourselves and our families but not all of us have the same disposable income. I did a breakdown that covers just about everything with side by side comparisons. Anyone that says your better off without a gun than an cheap gun is an idiot. I left links for people with this mind set to watch people defend themselves with a Hi Point then leave a comment saying “they should have waited till they could buy a higher end gun” or a "Glock on lay-a-way would have done better than a Hi Point at home"

I would avoid hi point, HERES WHY; you need tools to break them down. I would say first, a budget(only/first) gun out to be a long gun, like the Stevens 320. I got mine brand new for 250, 4 years ago, review to come. They can be had now for LESS THAN 100.... No question.
    As hand guns go, I baught a brand new Tarus 85 for 300 bucks, now some may bash Tarus, and I avoid many of there products, but there short barrel revolvers are a known quantity, and have proved themselves to be rugged and reliability, it's hard to knocker up a 2inch revolver.

Taurus^

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I am a Ruger fan and have owned many of them over the years, but I understand your situation. I bought a Hi-Point model C9 9mm several years ago for a knock around truck gun. It is a little on the "blocky" side, but it always went "bang" when I squeezed the trigger. I ended up trading it to a guy for a snubnosed .38, but at times I wish that I still had it...JM2C
    When seconds count, help is minutes away...Support the Second Amendment!

If they stand behind you, protect them.
    If they stand beside you, respect them.
    If they stand against you, defeat them.

as a Firearms dealer I would stay away from hi point or Taurus. stick to Smith and Wesson, Springfield, Sig. you may spend an 100-150 for a good firearms, but you need one that is known to stand the test of time. for another time tested guns is the RUGER 10/22, great gun. I sell Springfields for under 500 bucks every day.
    Chipper, SOCOM42 and jim-henscheli like this.

Quality 12ga pump, slugs and buckshot
    bigwheel and Maine-Marine like this.

hag

Hi point vs nothing?
    If lives are on the line, give me a hi point!
    We don't rent pigs

Super Moderator

Hi-Points are very reliable weapons. I have two pistols and a carbine. Launched a lot of rounds, only swabbed the bores. They don't seem to mind. Heavy? Sure. Reliable and accurate? Yup. Do I carry the cinder blocks? Nope. They're strategically placed in the house.
    Slippy, Medic33, hag and 5 others like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

there is nothing wrong with hi point they go bank reliably, maybe about the ugliest critter out there but they do work.
    for cost yes they are a option for a shtf gun and I doubt you could go any cheaper but remember they are heavy and not fancy they just throw lead.
    Denton, hag, ekim and 2 others like this.
    oops

HiPoints are verified to kill another human so id rather a C9 than a size 9

Other "budget" guns include but not limited to...
    Ruger P series i.e P345D, Pwhatever the 9mm
    Leo trade in gen 3 glocks (Glock 37!!! Dont sleep on the GAP)
    Ithaca 88s or surp 870s/500s
    Hi point carbines
    CAI UZI carbines found some around 400ish local (maybe one off?)
    Old 32ACP pistols like Berreta (85s?) And Cz82s...probably jacked those numbers up
    Damn Berreta 92S for 270 from SOGW!

sent from a paper cup and string via quantum wierdness

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links