What do you carry for firearm?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on What do you carry for firearm? within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; I carry my Glock 27, everyday IWB I got a cheapo IWB holster that works pretty good! SO what do you guys carry?...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: What do you carry for firearm?

I carry my Glock 27, everyday IWB I got a cheapo IWB holster that works pretty good! SO what do you guys carry?
    Any reason is the perfect reason to prepare.

I has a youtube! Check me out!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/acidlittle

Re: What do you carry for firearm?

My carry weapon is a Charter Arms 38 special, 2" detective model. It is loaded with 5 "special" loads 135 grain, teflon core. Fast to pull, fast to shoot and no thinking involved. I'm good at no thinking...I practice it daily.
    "What Goes Around Comes Around...I Just Make Get There Faster"

I'll be able to respond to this thread here in about a week when the XDs come out. The big draw back is its a 5+1, unlike the Neo Matrix Glocks that have what, 32 rounds? Instead of spray and pray, its going to be one shot one kill if attacked. Although, I hope there's no more than 6 attackers. lol.

Right now its my s&w 915 15 shot with one of those Mikes holsters.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Which XDs are you getting caliber wise?
    Any reason is the perfect reason to prepare.

I has a youtube! Check me out!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/acidlittle

.45ACP (Micro). single stack, holds 5+1, Barrel is 3.3 inches!!! Overall length is 6.3 inches. 1 inch thick! and empty is 21 ounces.

http://www.xdspistol.com/

A Ruger SP101 in .357 mag.

I can load it with various 38spl or .357 rounds, so it can be as mild or hot as I need it to be. I'm partial to stainless revolvers in survival conditions. They're good for outdoor/heavy weather use and shrug off water, dirt and debre... unlike many semi-automatics. You really have to mess up a stainless wheel gun before it will fail to function.

I've considered a 44mag for the same reason. You can load 44 Russian, 44spl or 44 mag in the same gun. I like the versatility.
    The smithy’s anvil rings with woe.
    Swords for soldiers row on row.
    Against the nobles they must stand.
    And for their souls take back the land.
    AnvilIron

Quote Originally Posted by AnvilIron
    A Ruger SP101 in .357 mag.

I can load it with various 38spl or .357 rounds, so it can be as mild or hot as I need it to be. I'm partial to stainless revolvers in survival conditions. They're good for outdoor/heavy weather use and shrug off water, dirt and debre... unlike many semi-automatics. You really have to mess up a stainless wheel gun before it will fail to function.

I've considered a 44mag for the same reason. You can load 44 Russian, 44spl or 44 mag in the same gun. I like the versatility.
    My next one after the XDs .45 is going to be a 357 mag also. And yes, stainless is the way to go. I want to learn how to use the speed loaders. Will be consulting with you here in a few weeks about a revolver. Will look into the SP101.

If possible guys, would it be possible for you to show a pic of your edc, its just here in England we are kept 1 million miles away from fire arms, be nice to take a look at your different guns, it's extra work to post pics, so don't worry if you aint got the time, it's just nice to look at these mechanicaly sound bits of precise equipment.

Peter P. –
    Link to SP101 pic: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_SP-101
    It’s a fairly small frame revolver for .357. Notice the low profile ramped front sight and the hammer-spur that tops out just below the top line of the frame. Both of these features keep the handgun from catching on clothing, etc when being drawn. With the exception of length, 38 caliber cartridges have the same chambering dimension as the .357 (the.357 is just an extended 38 cal. round) and therefore will chamber and fire safely in the .357 handgun. The reverse is not true… a .357 round will not fit in a 38 caliber chamber because that chamber is not deep enough to accept the longer casing.

Link to .44 mag: The .44 mag is a larger frame, but has much of the same configuration characteristics of the SP101. The Smith and Wesson Model 629 .44 mag "Backpacker" or "Mountain Gun" is short barrel model and very popular with hunting and fishing guides in the wilder parts of the US.
    The smithy’s anvil rings with woe.
    Swords for soldiers row on row.
    Against the nobles they must stand.
    And for their souls take back the land.
    AnvilIron

I was wondering why the ramped front site was designed like that, now I know! I did know that the hidden hammer (bodyguard) was for being able to put it in your pants without it going off. Not that much of a kick, or at least thats how the guy was doing it in the video (smooth). And I love the spin on that thing. I think the speed loaders is what gets me with these guns. I would love to learn how to do that in a split second.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links