Critique my arsenal please! - Page 6
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Critique my arsenal please!

This is a discussion on Critique my arsenal please! within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; "Bella Twin, an Indian girl, and her friend Dave Auger were hunting grouse near Lesser Slave Lake in northern Alberta. The only gun they had ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Critique my arsenal please!

"Bella Twin, an Indian girl, and her friend Dave Auger were hunting grouse near Lesser Slave Lake in northern Alberta. The only gun they had was Bella’s single-shot bolt-action .22 Rimfire rifle. They were walking a cutline that had been made for oil exploration when they saw a large grizzly following the same survey line toward them. If they ran, the bear would probably notice them and might chase, so they quietly sat down on a brush pile and hoped that the bear would pass by without trouble. But the bear came much too close, and when the big boar was only a few yards away, Bella Twin shot him in the side of the head with a .22 Long cartridge. The bear dropped, kicked and then lay still. Taking no chances, Bella went up close and fired all of the cartridges she had, seven or eight .22 Longs, into the bear’s head. That bear, killed in 1953, was the world-record grizzly for several years and is still high in the records today."

Gets the job done when the cards are down.

Grizzly Guns (World Record shot with a .22)

I've taken more squirrel, rabbit, ground hog, and racoon than I could ever begin to count with .22lr. A good part of those kills with a pistol. Since buying the pistol about four years ago I hardly ever take rifles anymore. I've taken squirrel with the pistol out to 75 yards. Yes, I miss sometimes and it's taken as many as four shots at that range to get the hit. But I'm also using the factory open sights, and testing my limits with the weapon when I'm shooting that far more than anything. As a kid, my dad regularly hunted and killed deer with a .22lr because it was all he had, and they needed the meat for the table.

Tell me more about how they aren't practical... It'll be a lengthy time convincing me. :D
    Last edited by BigCheeseStick; 08-18-2013 at 10:45 PM.
    PaulS likes this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Sponsored Links