Critique my arsenal please! - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Critique my arsenal please!

This is a discussion on Critique my arsenal please! within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Originally Posted by Pir8fan I'm also in the "get .22" camp. I would also add a 9 mm pistol. That caliber will be the most ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Critique my arsenal please!

Quote Originally Posted by Pir8fan View Post
    I'm also in the "get .22" camp. I would also add a 9 mm pistol. That caliber will be the most common available, other than .22, in a SHTF situation.
    Please understand that I am not trying to pick on you here,

The shit has only mildly splattered the fan, and their is no 9mm or .22LR any where, for the last nine months.

Every one on this site needs to consider the lesson that has been such a current event for all to see.

When the SHTF Their will be very little "readily available" ammunition other than what you yourself are in possession of.
    wesley762 likes this.

Once again. NEW Remington SPS Tactical 308 $625-$650 unless you shop at Gander Mountain then $750.

New Nikon Buckmaster 3-9-50 $300-$325.

Ruger 10/22 base model new or a really nice used bull barrel should be easy to find in the $300 or less range.

Sorry blew the budget by $25.

@ Pir8fan:

It may not have been clear, but I actually do have a drop-in barrel for my Glock 23, chambered in .40, through which I can shoot 9mm. I've stockpiled a load of .40 and 250-300 rounds of 9mm as well.

Okay, so .22 LR first! A rifle definitely, a pistol maybe! It sounds like each one can be had for under $500. Then, if my expenses are correct and I spend around $800 procuring 2 .22LR guns, I can focus on the big-ol rifle.

Thank you all for the help! Keep the weapon ideas coming!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The 308 is a fine round, but, ammo is al but non existant , at least in stores around here. YMMV
    30-06 is in every store along with 270 and sometimes 300 mag.

Ordering on line may find more availability

Food for thought

roy

Sounds like some good advice here. I would look at a Ruger 10/22. I have a philosophy to use what "they" are using "they" being the gobermint. A Remington bolt action in .308/7.62 NATO would be my choice. You can drob a .357 Sig barrel in your Glock 23 giving you another caliber if you choose.

Mod Squad

As far as ammo availability.... it's out there, but not as cheap as it used to be. Check gunbot.net for up to the minute listings of who has what.

The fact that the more popular calibers are harder to find now just means that there is more of it on the streets. People and agencies are hoarding it, so millions and millions of rounds will be already out there if the need arises. In a SHTF situation, follow the sound of gunfire and pick up all you need off the losers.

A better plan is to stock up what you can when you can. I've managed to stock up during the worst of the shortages, you can too.

For example, gunbot is showing that US Armorment has PMC .308 Winchester 147gr FMJ-BT for 68 cents per round (500 round case for $340)
    Palmetto State Armory has Federal American Eagle .223 Rem 55gr FMJ for 45 cents each
    Killough has Eley Target .22lr at 11 cents a round

The point is... it's out there if you look.

Success Is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Incongruous View Post
    I thought my AR-15 was a main battle rifle until about a few weeks ago when I really started to get interested in the prepping business.... At this point, after my long-range and .22 slots are left, I'm probably going to get a tough-ass AK.
    I would classify the AK, like the AR-15, as a CQB rifle more than a MBR.

Quote Originally Posted by Prepadoodle View Post
    As far as ammo availability.... it's out there, but not as cheap as it used to be. Check gunbot.net for up to the minute listings of who has what.

The fact that the more popular calibers are harder to find now just means that there is more of it on the streets. People and agencies are hoarding it, so millions and millions of rounds will be already out there if the need arises. In a SHTF situation, follow the sound of gunfire and pick up all you need off the losers.

A better plan is to stock up what you can when you can. I've managed to stock up during the worst of the shortages, you can too.

For example, gunbot is showing that US Armorment has PMC .308 Winchester 147gr FMJ-BT for 68 cents per round (500 round case for $340)
    Palmetto State Armory has Federal American Eagle .223 Rem 55gr FMJ for 45 cents each
    Killough has Eley Target .22lr at 11 cents a round

The point is... it's out there if you look.
    Yes sir, There is ammo out there, I use gunbot and ammoseek. and I have the best luck late at night or early am.
    I would also like to mention that no matter what you have, practice, practice, then practice some more. Seems you do shoot alot, from your posts...
    The next "practice session" I have planned for my fiance, daughter and myself will run throu a sandy wash, and we will do some kneeling, crawling, and back to the ground shooting..
    Your arsenal rating from me? Better than mine, keep up the posts and questions...

The 22 thing has been beat to death but I agree a rifle (10-22) and a pistol. The one thing I see that you are lacking is mags. This is thing that causes the most malfunctions on an auto loader. I would get a minimum of 15 mags for the rifle and 10 for the pistol. In a fight you may lose some and they break. Most crack at the ears, and cause failure to feed. Buying fifteen now should allow you to have usable mags for life, by trading parts on those that fail.

Got some nice guns need to add some blades to that arsenal! pics are a little old. Mine has grown since then!
    If finding ammo is an issue check Freedom Munitions. They always have stock of any caliber I've needed and their storefront location is 30 minutes from my house. They do online sales as well!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Critique my arsenal please!-uploadfromtaptalk1376495544463.jpg  

Critique my arsenal please!-uploadfromtaptalk1376495559101.jpg  

Last edited by lgustavus81; 08-14-2013 at 10:55 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links