I often think one of the most valuable shtf guns I have is my 10/22. - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

I often think one of the most valuable shtf guns I have is my 10/22.

This is a discussion on I often think one of the most valuable shtf guns I have is my 10/22. within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; and you know for the price of the 10/22s they are cheap to bury, you know ifn you felt that way. my 410 is a ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: I often think one of the most valuable shtf guns I have is my 10/22.

and you know for the price of the 10/22s they are cheap to bury, you know ifn you felt that way. my 410 is a non issue i dont like it, so itll end up as surplus last resort something to bury... mean ole gun i wont go looking for it either lol
    Last edited by shotlady; 05-26-2013 at 09:07 PM.

I have not guns buried, why would think such a thing.... points...
    NRA Patron Member
    Platoon Sergent M1 Tank Company (retired)
    Montana sucks, tell your friends

lol me neither.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Guilty as charged on the 30-30. I think I was just using that as an example of a hunting gun, pressed into SHTF duty.

Now...if our side arm were to become a 22 pistol, I vote shotgun hands down. Speaking of 10/22...can we through the charger model into the mix?

My 10/22 td goes most places with me.
    500rd will feed my family for a while, I plan to suppress her soon, all my.22s have supressors on em, legal here.

My suppressed .223 is nice n quiet too
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I often think one of the most valuable shtf guns I have is my 10/22.-20130527_140033.jpg  

I often think one of the most valuable shtf guns I have is my 10/22.-1365501193188.jpg  

Last edited by felixx; 05-27-2013 at 03:00 AM.

Personally, I am a huge fan of the 10-22. Deadly accurate, extremely reliable, high-capacity, no recoil, portable and swift to bring to action. What's not to like? Yes, it is only a lowly .22, but I wouldn't feel under gunned in all but the most extreme circumstances. (Think masses of invaders attacking in force.) I have shot to great effect all manner of domestic and wild animals with mine up to several hundred pounds. Shot placement is more crutial than with a larger caliber weapon, but volume of fire into the chest region of any animal has something to be said for it also. It is also a great training gun for those with less experience or those who are recoil shy. 4 well trained kids under 12 years old armed with 10/22's would provide far better security than one man with a 30-06. 4 kids with 10/22's and an adult with a 30-06 would be a potent force.
    shotlady likes this.

.22lr is fine for plinking and squirrels but anyone who uses it for a defensive weapon against a human IMO is nuts. Minimum handgun round is .380 and minimum rifle round is .223. Methinks. Save the 22's for squirrels and frogs.
    Montana Rancher and paraquack like this.

Quote Originally Posted by felixx View Post
    My 10/22 td goes most places with me.
    500rd will feed my family for a while, I plan to suppress her soon, all my.22s have supressors on em, legal here.

My suppressed .223 is nice n quiet too
    Interesting, where is "here"?
    NRA Patron Member
    Platoon Sergent M1 Tank Company (retired)
    Montana sucks, tell your friends

Where we'll feed your trespassing ass to the gators.
    Quote Originally Posted by Go2ndAmend View Post
    Personally, I am a huge fan of the 10-22. Deadly accurate, extremely reliable, high-capacity, no recoil, portable and swift to bring to action. What's not to like? Yes, it is only a lowly .22, but I wouldn't feel under gunned in all but the most extreme circumstances. (Think masses of invaders attacking in force.) I have shot to great effect all manner of domestic and wild animals with mine up to several hundred pounds. Shot placement is more crutial than with a larger caliber weapon, but volume of fire into the chest region of any animal has something to be said for it also. It is also a great training gun for those with less experience or those who are recoil shy. 4 well trained kids under 12 years old armed with 10/22's would provide far better security than one man with a 30-06. 4 kids with 10/22's and an adult with a 30-06 would be a potent force.
    I can't say I agree with you on a lot of that, especially the end part about the 4 well trained 12 year olds with 10/22's and 1 adult with a .30-06 being a potent force. The way I see it 1 adult, a capable shot and cold heart could simply shoot the 1 adult when their a target of opportunity with a little patiences, and when the 4 kids fall apart mentally, as regardless their still kids, and are standing in the open, crowded around, looking at the dead adult lying around the ground, crying, they pick them off like carvival shooting gallery targets fast and easy.
    Last edited by Fuzzee; 05-27-2013 at 05:14 PM.

CSI-tech, While I tend to agree on a personal level that a 22RF is no weapon for self defense there are always exceptions.
    No matter what gun you have it is better that the one you left at home if you need a gun.
    Beware the man who only has one gun - he probably knows how to use it.
    I have a brother who used to shoot the tops of squirrel heads - snap shooting at unreasonable distances. If someone can shoot that well with a 22 it could be effective as a defense weapon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links