What Do You Want and Why? - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Do You Want and Why?

This is a discussion on What Do You Want and Why? within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Originally Posted by paraquack I found this little number in my new Sears Roebuck catalog. I'd take 2 of 'em. Attachment 1809 Don't know how ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: What Do You Want and Why?

Quote Originally Posted by paraquack View Post
    I found this little number in my new Sears Roebuck catalog. I'd take 2 of 'em.
    Attachment 1809
    Don't know how I feel about the tracks... wheels do just fine in my experience...

Extras,

I'm conflicted about keeping extra guns. People say you can't hand them out in barter theyll come back and haunt you, but I need people to work for me in a post ShTF world and if I can't provide working people food, shelter and defense then my selection of working people might be dismal. To that end I was thinking of investing in numerous ARs of the M4 type.

Quote Originally Posted by grinder37 View Post
    I love my Lee Enfield .303 scoped out with custom monty carlo sport stock,300 yards is no problem,too bad just the other day I leaned it against the bumper of my truck at the range and then backed right over it,gonna miss that one

Edit-JPARIZ,what is your opinion on the Heritage single 6 22/22mag?I have two,one being the pearl stub birds head and the other is with the western camo grips and 5 1'2" barrel.I don't know about you,but these are the funnest plinksters i've ever had.I've had one for some time and just recently aquired the other.The older one has been through the mill,and for a cheap single action revolver,has proven to be very dependable and has held up well through the years,my only complaint would be the blueing could be better,but for the price I paid,I can't say anything negative about these.Love throwing mags through them.
    I haven't had a bit of trouble with mine. My only gripe (which isn't much) is the trigger feels a bit thin. Similar to the Colt, single action army. Finish is OK. You can always redo it with Gunkote.
    I don't trust a government that doesn't trust me with a gun.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

What do I want and why? Hmmm, let me see, how about peace on earth and goodwill towards man? Barring that, more guns. I love them all. I guess my next add will be an 1911 or a .308 bolt action.
    The best that we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed. - Alexander Hamilton

Again I've always been intrigued by the design or engineering. Imagine having the responsibility to design a weapon to be used in combat that needs to work EVERY time in almost ANY conditions. I'd find a new job fast.
    Then look at what has been accomplished. The 1911, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, M14, M16 and the list goes on. I'm easily impressed with people that can do stuff I can't.
    I don't trust a government that doesn't trust me with a gun.

When I joined LE for the first time I carried a 357 Revolver. We had an "old timer" chief of police who we convinced semi auto's were the way to go and moved on to Sig Saur 9mm's. I carried that in federal service as well and still covet the hi cap and accuracy of that gun. I never owned a 1911 until my dad passed away and he left me his WWII side arm. I had fired it for the first time just about 2 years before he died and after I decided I didn't want to use his so I bought one. I liked it but admitted the 45 was a bit much for me so I adopted the 1911 9mm and it instantly became my new favorite - 3 of them were lost in the tragic boating accident in Lake Tahoe As much as I like my Sig it amazes me the 1911 - after a 100 + years - is my favorite. Simple, robust, effective. Its also just a perfect fit.

Quote Originally Posted by JPARIZ View Post
    Again I've always been intrigued by the design or engineering. Imagine having the responsibility to design a weapon to be used in combat that needs to work EVERY time in almost ANY conditions. I'd find a new job fast.
    Then look at what has been accomplished. The 1911, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, M14, M16 and the list goes on. I'm easily impressed with people that can do stuff I can't.

1 hand gun
    1 shot gun
    1 hunting rifle (bolt action)
    1 tactical rifle (semi auto)

And a butt ton of ammo. I would rather have plenty of as few calibres as possible then lots of calibres with only a few rounds of each. But that's just me.
    ekim likes this.

Obviously right now is not the time, but a few people like to have other calibers around for barter, later on.

Colt 1911... Self explanatory
    Ruger sr22.. Cheap to shoot
    A remington 700 with a nice scope in 243 for long range
    M16A2 for business

Barrett 50, and at least 1000 rounds. Just because.
    ekim likes this.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
    Samuel Adams

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links