S & W Shield - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

S & W Shield

This is a discussion on S & W Shield within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Originally Posted by A Watchman Nice concealed handgun and popular. You can find many UTube reviews. If you have big hands and big feet, might ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: S & W Shield

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    Nice concealed handgun and popular. You can find many UTube reviews. If you have big hands and big feet, might want to look at the Ruger SR9c also.
    The Shied is a great gun. bought and sold a few. I would stay away from Ruger SR9 they don't like alot of ammo. I've seen many of them jam.
    Denton likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by beach23bum View Post
    The Shied is a great gun. bought and sold a few. I would stay away from Ruger SR9 they don't like alot of ammo. I've seen many of them jam.
    Whtacha talking about Willis? You hatin on Ruger?

Seriously, mine has never jammed. However, I will admit that I only buy decent ammo just not into bargain ammo and taking a chance. I depend on the following sequence every time - aim, pull the trigger, bang.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    Whtacha talking about Willis? You hatin on Ruger?

Seriously, mine has never jammed. However, I will admit that I only buy decent ammo just not into bargain ammo and taking a chance. I depend on the following sequence every time - aim, pull the trigger, bang.
    Sorry I do hate on Ruger, but it's only after seeing them in action. the only Ruger I'd buy is their 10/22. when your talking guns I would want one that will always work and never jam. sometime you can't always have the best ammo, but you will need your gun to work. much like a AK always working in the mud, dirt, dust.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

There is a veritable cornucopia of single stack 9mm offerings out there. I would be fine with the Shield, The Walther, the Glock, the XD, or the LC9. The Skky CPX-2 is even gaining traction in that arena. They are all good reliable weapons and I have seen every one of those in a Cop's ankle holster or their wife's handbag. That's certainly not to say Cops know everything there is to know about guns, far from it. But we do have a knack for doing alot of homework and finding the ones we would trust our lives too. We also have armorers and smiths in our ranks we rely heavily on.
    Slippy and bigwheel like this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Quote Originally Posted by beach23bum View Post
    Sorry I do hate on Ruger, but it's only after seeing them in action. the only Ruger I'd buy is their 10/22. when your talking guns I would want one that will always work and never jam. sometime you can't always have the best ammo, but you will need your gun to work. much like a AK always working in the mud, dirt, dust.
    I'd take a Security Six OR An SP101. nOT A FAN OF MOST rUGER AUTOS EITHER.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Guns can be finicky at times, if so you should develop a fix, sometimes it is the gun, other times you, and others the ammo. There is usually a remedy, you must develop it instead of a blanket distrust of the manufactures entire line. Their reputation, longevity, and continued sales numbers do not match up with your opinion.

My 9 Rugers have not required any adjustments with any ammo they have been fed. Just to compare, my daughters Smith and Wesson AR M&P 22 for instance, does not like Remington golden bullets (bucket o bullets) and will have a FTE every 10 rounds using this ammo, so I feed it CCI ammo. However the Ruger 10/22 will eat anything you feed it. I however, do own other S&W product that I have not had an issue with.

All of my firearms, regardless of the brand will work when I need them to. I have insured this by trial and error, shooting and practice. I suspect my ammo stock of several thousand per caliber, will allow me to choose which ammo I am using ....... anytime.
    Last edited by A Watchman; 08-13-2016 at 06:33 AM.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

When I decided to buy a pocket 9mm, I was pretty sure I was going to wind up with a Shield, based on all the posiptive reviews I read. Itried it out at the range, and it just did not work for me. It fit my hand well, and was comfortable. The trigger was ok, not great, but ok. I just couldnt get the rounds where I wanted them. I shot a Ruger LC9s the same day, and fell in love. Hands down one of the best pistol triggers I have shot, and definately the best striker-fired tiggers I have shot. I bought the Pro model (no safety, no magazine safety) and I really love the little fellar. It is light and, with the great trigger, surprisingly accurate to be such a small gun. Anyone looking for a small single-stack 9 should look at one of these!
    bigwheel likes this.

For conceal carry the Shield is very nice (I have the one with the external safety because I am so used to my 1911 and its automatic to click it on and off as the firearm comes out or goes into the holster) I am working my way to a skinnier me so maybe I will be able to go back to carrying the 1911 some time soon and keep the Shield as a BUG
    bigwheel likes this.
    Hidden Content

Lord, make me fast and accurate, let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who seek to destroy me, grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine, let not my last thought be - 'If I only had my gun'- and Lord if today is truly the day you call me home, let me die in a pile of warm brass,
    Amen

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    For conceal carry the Shield is very nice (I have the one with the external safety because I am so used to my 1911 and its automatic to click it on and off as the firearm comes out or goes into the holster) I am working my way to a skinnier me so maybe I will be able to go back to carrying the 1911 some time soon and keep the Shield as a BUG
    FUK S + W and theirs BASSTURD Sons!!!!

Then let Slick Willie clinton and the beast Hildebeast come for , YOU!
    Slippy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    FUK S + W and theirs BASSTURD Sons!!!!

Then let Slick Willie clinton and the beast Hildebeast come for , YOU!
    (Y'all stop making Mad Trapper mad!)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links