The difference between a "sporting tifle" and an "assault rifle"!
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on The difference between a "sporting tifle" and an "assault rifle"! within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Assault Rifle vs. Sporting Rifle - YouTube...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Smitty901

Thread: The difference between a "sporting tifle" and an "assault rifle"!

There is none. Assault is a verb not a noun
    wesley762 likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

But it is not a weapon. Assault is the result of an action not an item. An item can be used in an assault.
    It is used in that way to insight fear to stir emotion, to misrepresent what it is.
    AR does not stand for Assault Rifle never did.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Pretty good video and explanation of the difference. I've long been an opponent of the term assault rifle even when talking amongst ourselves, it's a habit we need to break. The problem with the video that I see is that he's preaching to the choir, we need to get that information out to the general public. We all know that the AR is not an assault rifle, how do we get that info out to those that don't know??? Commercials could work if we could get the major networks to air them especially during primetime. Otherwise it's all strictly us trying to educate those that speak without knowing what they are talking about one at a time.

-Infidel

If someone shot up a school with a remington 700, no doubt the news would report it was an "assault rifle just like the police use"
    Freedom Fighter
    Guns kill people like pencils make mistakes.

One problem is manufacturers themselves
    Heckler & Koch :: Assault Rifles

The definition itself is problematic as well:
    "any of various automatic or semiautomatic rifles with large capacity magazines designed for military use"

If it has a 100 round drum, folding stock, pistol grip, picatinny rails, scope, forward grip, painted black and looks like an AK/AR hybrid but wasnt designed for military use...would anyone not call it an assault rifle?
    Freedom Fighter
    Guns kill people like pencils make mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by yzingerr View Post
    If someone shot up a school with a remington 700, no doubt the news would report it was an "assault rifle just like the police use"
    No I'm sure that would be classified as a military style sniper rifle. That present a much more ominous tone.

-Infidel

The Term "Assault Rifle" is one that is completely made up to describe any gun that looks "Scary" to the Anti-Gunners. It is stupid because if you asked any of them what it is, there would be as many answers as questions asked. I sent around a letter to my circle of friends and also to every single New Mexico State Representative that showed a picture of a standard off-the-shelf Ruger 10-22. Under the picture I explained the rifle nomenclature and then said that it was an inexpensive entry-level rifle that was straightforward, dependable, accurate and used for hunting small game or for target practice. I then showed a photograph of a totally tricked-out 10-22 with EOTech Scope, bipod and quasi-military stock and forearm and then said this rifle is straightforward, dependable, accurate and is used to hunt small game or for target practice. WHY are you trying to outlaw this rifle? THEY are the very SAME rifle!...................and therein lies the rub. Assault Rifle are just SCARY!

Sponsored Links