What firearms have you almost bought?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on What firearms have you almost bought? within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; I could list off dozens, but will mention that I almost bought a Ruger AR in .308 from a local gun shop about a month ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: What firearms have you almost bought?

I could list off dozens, but will mention that I almost bought a Ruger AR in .308 from a local gun shop about a month ago, but could not quite get around the $1,700 price tag. Before that I almost bought an M1, but again the price tag stopped me. I do not own an AR in .308 or an M1, but would like 3 of both.
    Last edited by RedLion; 04-18-2016 at 12:59 PM.
    Slippy likes this.

M1919 in 308 and a 50 BMG. Just can't come up with a good reason to pull the pin. Not that I need one.

I almost had a 30 cal. machine gun I found in the dump at camp anaconda but the m.p.s. stoled it from me.
    MisterMills357 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The only one I came close to actually buying was back when I was looking for a .22 pistol. We'd recently given our daughter a .22 Cricket with a sweet birch wood laminate. While trying to find a .22 for myself, I spotted a 6 shooter with grips that matched her stock perfectly. It would have been a great father-daughter matching set.
    I went with the Ruger Mark III instead.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

The Good Cop

I wished I had broken down my M3A1 Grease Gun and sent it home from Vietnam. It wasn't issued to me, so there was no record anywhere.
    But, I was more concerned with bringing my butt home, wasn't really thinking about anything else.

I've seen them on Class III dealer sites for anywhere from $12,000 to $15,000. WHEN they are available.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

A Colt Python. Beautiful, rare, very desirable, but TOO expensive.

I passed on a couple of lugers and a ww2 German sniper rifle. I keep watching the prices rise.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

deleted
    Last edited by SDF880; 04-18-2016 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Low alcohol light illuminated

I pretty much have what I want so I'm not looking.

Although I have seen a person hem and haw about buying a gun, and then and watched the guy standing next to them pick it up and buy it on the spot. hehehe

Almost bought...has left me out in the cold with hat in hand more than once. I don't mess around, I do my homework, decide if I can afford it and if the price is right I buy it. No half steps or hesitations, I get that out of the way during the homework deciding if I can afford it phase.

I almost bought a S&W model 29-3. The revolver has a goncalco alves grips but it had a scope. The rear sight was missing due to the scope being mounted, so I passed because it was hard to find a replacement rear sights. I bought a berreta 70s in .380 Cal. Instead. After taking the pistol to the range, the magazine button fell apart and was lost. So, the gun was immediately returned and exchanged with a Sig sauer P238 in .380.

I also almost bought a Tavor from classic arms but they were out of stock in just a few hours. I ended up buying a CZ83 from gunbroker and a Bulgarian makarov 9x18 from classic arms.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links