Do you tell them its too late and pray or?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Do you tell them its too late and pray or? within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Here is my ordeal as I enjoyed watching the 49ers win last night in front of my Green Bay loving brother in law - and ...

Like Tree11Likes
  • 4 Post By Ripon
  • 3 Post By dsdmmat
  • 3 Post By shotlady
  • 1 Post By rice paddy daddy

Thread: Do you tell them its too late and pray or?

Here is my ordeal as I enjoyed watching the 49ers win last night in front of my
    Green Bay loving brother in law - and I don't like the 49ers.

About a year ago I got him to read One Second After and consider prepping. He
    was the "ultimate" in unprepared. He recognized that and together we built a
    rain collection system for his home, he bought a decent filter and a Ruger 10/22
    at my urging. Then his families typical wa, wa, wants kicked in and they went
    to Hawaii, Vegas, and had a big Christmas out of town too. No money for
    preps when having too much fun - I abandoned helping him. Then shortly
    after Christmas he hears in the news about gun sales making guns hard to get -
    oh my God - what do I do now? All he owns is a 10/22.

At half time last night I said you are too late for decent AR's unless you want
    to drop $2k. He doesn't have that, and he still has plenty of needs. I told him
    to get his phat butt down to Big 5 this weekend and get a Mossy 500 - sadly its
    about $400 OTD with our state fees and taxes but its necessary. Go to Wally
    Mart and pick up 2 - 100 rnd bird shots so you can at least practice and have
    something to shove through it - only $50 and a cleaning kit for $25.

He asked me to sell him one of my AR's. I said no. He's pissed. I don't care.
    I wrote him off a long time ago. My AR's (as the media lables them) are for
    MY nephews and neices at some point in the future not his lazy butt.
    shotlady, mare, 9UC and 1 others like this.

My ARs are for the kids ata later date in time. If the grasshopper didn't fool around during the summer, he would not become the ant's dinner in the wintertime.
    It is an evil society that blames the tool for the actions of its user.

its tough to see and hear he is giving you a hard time, he had the same amount of time to prepare, but he spent his time and resources elsewhere. as cold as i may sound, you owe them nothing except perhaps the goodnews and hints on prepping.

just like i dont owe people ammo at my cost. barter is barter. and im not in the retail industry for resale. its hard, i know, but then where does it stop?

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

That's a good example of how some people wait too long. They start something, then blow it off, then realize it's getting a lot harder to start back up. Hopefully he learned his lesson!

Quote Originally Posted by dsdmmat View Post
    My ARs are for the kids ata later date in time. If the grasshopper didn't fool around during the summer, he would not become the ant's dinner in the wintertime.
    Very well said and that really kind of puts things in perspective dont it? Reality...what a concept!

That's the way I'd feel and do, if I liked and had AR's

Update: He went down to Big 5 this morning (not like its a big deal its 5 min from his house)
    and they were sold out of shotguns. I told him try Bass Pro its about 15 minutes away and even
    a few gun shops - they are out of evil black rifles but I think many still have some shotguns.

I also sent him a few links on the Cal-Guns' forum to show him getting an AR is still possible.
    Cheap one's are $1200/1500 and decent one's are $2k. If I were not in CA and had unlimited
    money is the one I'd buy right now
    Colt LE901-16S

Damn that's a nice rifle - I only have 1 Colt from the 1990's and I love it, but that one is
    sweet. The rest of mine are Stag Uppers and a variety of lowers - yes including two
    Polymers - you guys would be surprised at how decent those area for the low budget.

Fleet farm has Huldra AR15 as good as they get Gas Piton on the rack 999 same price they sold for all year. Come with mag and a nice carrying case. As much as a Colt fan as I have been the Huldra is better.
    They get a few in sell them then a few more . I almost grabbed an extra one yesterday but there is some other stuff I have my eye on.
    Huldra= Adams Arms
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

During Hurricane IKE my neighbor did not have a fire arm. The wife had forbade them in the house and did not feel comfortable with or even see a need for guns. After the storm we were with out power, phones, and cell signal was so weak you had to climb a ladder to get enough cell signal to send a text. With the high potential for looters, she became all too aware of the need for a form of self defense. She asked her brother-in-law (a gun collector) to loan them a gun for the short term to get them through the rebuilding period. He declined and informed her that she should have thought of that before now. She was outraged and felt that he owed her a gun and some ammo. After all, he had PLENTY to spare.

Since we were good neighbors and I trusted the husband, I loaned him a revolver which he returned after the power and phones were restored. A few months later I asked them at a back yard bbq if they had been shopping for a gun yet. He indicated that he would like to and she responded that she doesn't feel comfortable with them in the house and would not allow it. I asked what she was planning to do for the next Hurricane and she grumbled and walked off.

If it happened all over again, I would still loan them the revolver, but I'm still shocked at the casual flip flop of principles and attitudes - "I'm anti-gun when there is no danger, but I'm very much pro-gun when some looter is kicking in my door." There was no middle ground. No compromise like, yes we can have one but it stays disassembled and locked in a safe with the ammo in another location.
    KG7NDC

The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.
    Once we as a society lose that affinity we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

The Good Cop

I knew I married the right woman when, early on in our now 23+ year marriage I asked her what she wanted for her birthday, and she said "a shotgun". Yowza!
    GTGallop likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Sponsored Links