Are you planning to reload?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Are you planning to reload? within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Are you planning to reload?

Last edited by Gallo Pazzesco; 01-15-2013 at 09:57 PM.
    Reaper likes this.

Wow thats nicer than what I have set up, very well done! I went for the rudementry look, purely functional. You have really upped the bar though. I might have to call Martha Stewart and get some pointers so I can one up ya here, lol. mines just a work bench in the shed with 4 presses and some plywood shelves. But seriously thats sweet!!! Looks like I am not the only one stacked so deep too.
    Gallo Pazzesco likes this.

Awesome set up. Well worth the time you put into it. I just started reloading so I have a long ways to go. Hopefully someday I'll have a set up as nice as this. Just awesome.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Very nice. I thought I was doing good. All my stuff fits in dresser drawer and a small one at that.

I wished I had that kind of space to reload but limited to a small area at this time. I also obviously don't load as many different calibers as you do so would never need as many different supplies either. My loading is all 9mm, 45 ACP, 45 Colt (pistol and rifle), 45-70 Government, 20 ga and 12 ga shot shells. The press in use now is the Lee Classic Turret and Lee Pro 1000 was sold to buy it. It does do the job however very well.

Are you planning to reload?-img_0215_sm.jpg
    Are you planning to reload?-img_0221_lg.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Are you planning to reload?-img_0216.jpg  

Last edited by joec; 01-02-2013 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallo Pazzesco View Post
    Are you planning to reload and, if so, how are your reloading preps looking?

I built myself a new reloading room, custom cabinets and the like.

Here are some pics when I was putting it all together.

When I started figuring the weight of everything, even though I glued and screwed the cabinets directly into studs, I decided I also needed to hang it from the rafters using high tensile strength cable ...

Then I did a test run of how everything was going to fit before I did the final adjustments on the shelves ...

Everything is built to keep fire out - or the threat thereof. The lights are actually mini circular florescents and the bottoms of the cabinet are stuffed with rock wool. The walls are two hour rated against fire and even the ceiling over the room has a two hour rated fire wall and is insulated with fire retardant material.

I couldn't get everything in those cabinets at first ... had a lot leftover so I had to do some reorganizing to figure out where to put the rest of it.

The red bench is at one end of the room, and I am built a custom bench that sites under the cabinets where the lights are.

I've actually finished it now, need to take some newer pictures. But the cabinets have doors and I finally finished my bench ... it too has doors on it now. And the tile backsplash is on. It rolls around and is full of ammo boxes full of cast boolits. Four drawers for the small stuff, and then I designed it so that ammo boxes fit in there perfectly.

I sit on a stool at this bench - it really helps relieve the fatigue of sitting for long periods running the presses.

This thing turned-out really nice - I did it sort of early American style and engraved it on the back "Patriot Bench," with a quick explaination of what motivated me to step-up my reloading preps.

Nice just goes to prove what I have said all along when SHTF homey is going to be in big trouble, his day of forcing other to live in fear are over.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Nice set up. My reloading preps right now consist of a few protein bottles of brass, and a pair of reloading manuals. Yeah, I'm behind on the power curve. Talking to a friend right now, trying to buy his press, dies, tumbler, etc to help finance the RFB he wants to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    Nice set up. My reloading preps right now consist of a few protein bottles of brass, and a pair of reloading manuals. Yeah, I'm behind on the power curve. Talking to a friend right now, trying to buy his press, dies, tumbler, etc to help finance the RFB he wants to buy.
    Crap, great idea. I've thrown out a lot of protein containers. What a great way to store and keep all my expended brass. Amazing how something so obvious is overlooked. I learn something new on here everyday.

[QUOTE=joec;23962]I wished I had that kid of space to reload but limited to a small area at this time. I also obviously don't load as many different calibers as you do so would never need as many different supplies either. My loading is all 9mm, 45 ACP, 45 Colt (pistol and rifle), 45-70 Government, 20 ga and 12 ga shot shells. The press in use now is the Lee Classic Turret and Lee Pro 1000 was sold to buy it. It does do the job however very well.

I just sold my Rusty Lee 1000 for $70, and bought a used Lee Reloader for $10 to use for decapping and setting rivets & snaps in leather

I have a Lee 3 hole turret with 30/06 dies,bullets Hornady Scale, Pacific trimmer, 3 turrets that ended up costimg me $30 out of pocket after selling off the rest of the package.

Baby steps.
    Then came the Midway order and Gun Shop visits.

[QUOTE=AquaHull;24006]
    Quote Originally Posted by joec View Post
    I wished I had that kind of space to reload but limited to a small area at this time. I also obviously don't load as many different calibers as you do so would never need as many different supplies either. My loading is all 9mm, 45 ACP, 45 Colt (pistol and rifle), 45-70 Government, 20 ga and 12 ga shot shells. The press in use now is the Lee Classic Turret and Lee Pro 1000 was sold to buy it. It does do the job however very well.

I just sold my Rusty Lee 1000 for $70, and bought a used Lee Reloader for $10 to use for decapping and setting rivets & snaps in leather

I have a Lee 3 hole turret with 30/06 dies,bullets Hornady Scale, Pacific trimmer, 3 turrets that ended up costimg me $30 out of pocket after selling off the rest of the package.

Baby steps.
    Then came the Midway order and Gun Shop visits.
    I started by buying a friends complete set up including not only 2 - Lee Pro 1000 but a Lee Reloader for presses. It also came with sizing tools, a couple of bullet pullers, a pair of scales one digital the other beam type, tumbler with media, brass and bullets as well as some powders, a few thousand primers in large and small pistol. I made a few thousand rounds with the equipment and decided the Progressive presses wasn't for me so I sold them getting what I have now. Now I consider what I have perfect for my needs with the limited calibers I load and very able to keep me shooting a 1000 rounds a month on average.

Oh the Reloader press I sold and bought a Lee Hand press for the range.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links