Buy 9mm - Page 5
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Buy 9mm

This is a discussion on Buy 9mm within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Originally Posted by Anthony I actualy loled. I dont know why but i found that funny. Ive just heard it a ton on youtube videos, ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Buy 9mm

ozo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    I actualy loled. I dont know why but i found that funny. Ive just heard it a ton on youtube videos, never where i live. if people were i live heard about preppers they'ed think were batty. However i think there all survivalist anyway only eating what they catch/shoot
    Because it truly is funny....
    And.......
    We are all 'batty'...........
    "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state,the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
    --"
    Hidden Content

I shoot 9mm, .380, .45ACP, 7.62x39, 20 ga., 12 ga. and 7.62x54R. I should be able to find ammunition for one of my firearms after SHTF. I already have a pretty good supply and am still adding to it. I don't know how long the situation will last but I hope I have enough to get through it if I am careful. I have just started prepping so I am stocking up on food also. I think that its not if it is when I will need what I have stocked up on.

Quote Originally Posted by ozo View Post
    I really only re-load to have the best shooting ammo possible.
    It has nothing to do with the cost......
    but it definitely has to do with availability.
    I reload for several reasons...including the the ones you've mentioned.
    To cut my costs, especially with practice and plinking ammo.
    To expand the versatility of particular family of cartridges.
    To duplicate the performance of certain factory loads.
    In a nut shell it add flexibility that you don't get with buying off the shelf.
    I also cast bullets, which adds a whole other dimension to reloading.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Dock View Post
    I had an NRA instructor tell me that reloading was not worth it for 9mm and lower. For .40 cal and up, you had to do very high volume to make it worth it for the equipment. Heh, I'm not so sure anymore... I think I might have to start doing some research.
    At $2 a round for 45-70 Government; or $28 per 20 rounds for quality 8 MM Mauser (or $50 for a box of Norma brand); it doesn't take long to reach the cost of a Lee single stage press plus accessories.
    And don't even think about trying to find good 32-20 other than the wimpy Cowboy Action loads. 45 Colt, also.
    Not all of us limit ourselves to "mainstream" calibers. In some cases "diversity" is not always a dirty word.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

I've found with reloading pistol cartridges such as the 9mm and 45 auto, I'm limited because they have to be within a certain power range, too little and the pistol fails to function, too much and it hammers the daylights out of the slide and frame. With revolver cartridges there is a bit more lattitude in loadings. In that sense they are more versatile. The same goes for 45-70 which is also another very nice caliber to have...

Not recomended is the following.

.22 LR in .22 mag chamber. Reason is buldging case blowby and poor accuracy.
    .380 ACP in 9x18 Makarov reason undersize projectile case buldges decreasing velosity.
    I hear they will work in a pinch but as for safety may not be the best idea.
    Hidden Content

Have a safe day and be ready in all ways.

Bull

The 9mm is a great caliber. While ammo may be widely available what will you do when your high capacity mags are out lawed and not grandfathered in near future gun control regulations...kinda like what New York has recently experienced and Califoirnia and Washing DC have been suffering from for some time now? As long as that remains a very real possibility I am not willing to give up my 8 shots of 45 ACP.
    inceptor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticFringeInc View Post
    The 9mm is a great caliber. While ammo may be widely available what will you do when your high capacity mags are out lawed and not grandfathered in near future gun control regulations...kinda like what New York has recently experienced and Califoirnia and Washing DC have been suffering from for some time now? As long as that remains a very real possibility I am not willing to give up my 8 shots of 45 ACP.
    I am keeping the faith that this won't affect us.

The last AWB had a whole lot to do with me moving to the 45 ACP from the 9mm. Granted Bullet terminal performance and reliability has closed the gap between the two in the last several years, but...

9mm is very good.......don't forget your reloading supplies and a press. While its not practical to bug out with reloading supplies, you can sure save money reloading. It allows you to shoot more and keep the skills honed.
    When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat. --Ronald Reagan

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links