When you absolutely, positively must...
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on When you absolutely, positively must... within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; ...have the first round fire from your concealed carry pistol, what do you rely on? Revolver? Single or double action? Semi-auto? Striker or hammer fired? ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: When you absolutely, positively must...

...have the first round fire from your concealed carry pistol, what do you rely on?

Revolver? Single or double action?

Semi-auto? Striker or hammer fired?

Does it matter?

I rely on what I have trained the most with - muscle memory is more important than platform.
    Gimble, AquaHull, Denton and 4 others like this.
    KG7NDC

The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.
    Once we as a society lose that affinity we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

The Good Cop

These days I carry one of two snub nose revolvers, either my 357 or my 44 Special.
    The 357 still has a hammer if I want to thumb cock it, the 44 is double action only.

When I carried an auto it was a Colt Commander 45 ACP, cocked and locked.
    Prepared One, Denton and Renec like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Yep, rely on all of those. Different guns for different seasons and activity's.
    Slippy and Hemi45 like this.

If the shot is for all the marbles, I'd prefer to take it with a 1911 or Glock. However, I have full "bang" confidence in the S&W 442 that I pocket carry often enough. If you carry a quality gun and keep it clean, it's going to fire. For maximum accuracy, though, a hammerless pocket snub would never be my first choice.
    Camel923 likes this.

I've been relying on a LCP 380. I'm in a low threat area though.

The one I have the most confidence in is my Glock 19 9mm. Only one FTFire in over 5000 rounds.
    Some FTFeeds on my early reloads. I had to use a Lee factory Crimp on some 800 of them.I don't think it was the Glock.

Of course the Ruger Security Six 357 goes bang every time.
    Slippy, redhawk and Prepared One like this.

They all work today as long as they are quality products to start with
    A Watchman likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Revolver is a safe bet. I would be comfortable with a Glock or a 1911. Guess I think like Hemi45.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

If I'm out and about and end up in a fight or die situation with some thug, I believe it will be because said thug is within LCP range before he became a threat. That won't be easy because I generally don't like to be around crowds of people. Even at a bike bar me and the wife frequent we generally keep to ourselves or a few other friends who ride.
    "In alcohol's defense, I've done some pretty dumb shit while completely sober too"!

Smith 642 with CT laser, in my coat pocket for the cold weather, second gun could be any of my inventory.
    The 642 would most likely be the first to fire in a surprise scenario, primary would be a 4566 TSW, SIG 228 or a 1911 in condition 1, if time allows.
    At home, answering the door for unknowns, 4" 629 with black talon mags., or a 1911, or both with 1911 in belt. depends on how many I see on the CCTV.
    Slippy, darsk20 and Prepared One like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links