Best place to keep extra rounds for a quick reload ? - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Best place to keep extra rounds for a quick reload ?

This is a discussion on Best place to keep extra rounds for a quick reload ? within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; I've been known to keep a round or two between my lips like a cigarette when the fit hits the shan. Lead end OUT obviously....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Best place to keep extra rounds for a quick reload ?

I've been known to keep a round or two between my lips like a cigarette when the fit hits the shan. Lead end OUT obviously.
    Renec likes this.
    KG7NDC

The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.
    Once we as a society lose that affinity we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

No offence taken Aqua. If i was holding a Fort,I'd practice from the Battlements. There is lots of open ground out here. That's why we ran the course we did. Ofc that same technique can be used to travel in any direction..towards cover maybe? Or possibly advancing to retrieve that "upgrade" AR?
    a fella in the IDF I had spoken with told me something once that struck a chord. "Attack,Attack,Attack"...when they were outnumbered and outgunned..they attacked. It won them a war.
    “A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”- Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by AquaHull View Post
    The Allen Elastic cuffs are what I use actually. For the recoil challenged it adds some mass to the long gun helping reduce felt recoil

The issue I have is..., that I ... don't run or advance to danger. I would lose my Castle Doctrine Protection that way.

Train the way you fight.
    I think there is some regional context missing here. Renec hunts out in the high desert of AZ. You don't see a lot of people out there and when you do, good chance there is meth. He has no castle to retreat to. In many case, more than most, retreat is the best option, but sometimes when you have no where to retreat to then you stay in hunt mode and flip from deer to the not so elusive two legged high desert tweaker.
    AquaHull and Renec like this.
    KG7NDC

Once we as a society lose that affinity we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Melissa Harris Perry wears her reloads as ear rings.

I use a side saddle mounted on the receiver. I also have a belt that holds 25 rounds that I can throw over and wear across my chest if things got really bad.
    Renec likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GTGallop View Post
    I think there is some regional context missing here. Renec hunts out in the high desert of AZ. You don't see a lot of people out there and when you do, good chance there is meth. He has no castle to retreat to. In many case, more than most, retreat is the best option, but sometimes when you have no where to retreat to then you stay in hunt mode and flip from deer to the not so elusive two legged high desert tweaker.
    I have my 6 mag bandoleer, with 3 on the PC, 4 on the H Rig for those times of need.
    Of course The Great Lake State frowns on LGOC, so I just carry my under 26" AR Pistol under the Authority of my CPL.

Meth Heads are 200 ' away as I type this in my back room.
    I can leave some "cold" meds out for "Bait"
    Renec and GTGallop like this.

Let me describe an incident that happened in August in our local area.
    We have auxiliary sheriff citizen's patrol here to assist the Deputies. On the day in question,this ASCP officer was baited into following an ATV that was behaving erratically and traveling at a high rate of speed. The officer followed up a long dirt road to find the ATV abandoned. When he stepped out of his car to investigate,they engaged him with an AR and AK from an ambush position. He was hit once in the hip and retreated to his car and began to escape. They the switched to a Barret's .50 to try to stop him. He managed to escape and Local authorities converged on the location. 3 suspects were taken into custody. Several weapons were recovered as well as a Marijuana grow operation being discovered. The property in question was supposed to be vacant.
    Fortunately,the ASCP officer wasn't badly injured. The round hit his mag holder on his left side and fragmented. I had the opportunity to chat with him a few weeks later and he was doing well.
    This is what I keep in mind when training in my area. He was close enough to his vehicle to retreat,but it was not an excellent option. the vehicle only offered concealment,not cover. The attackers dumped somewhere around 60 rounds in his direction and only hit him once. Even once is too many,but it's a very very poor hit ratio. Cover is hard to find,but moving and returning fire may afford you the chance to not get hit! Bear in mind,this was not Cartel activity. It was "Sovereign Citizens". There are some pretty lonely place out in this area.
    What I learned personally from taking that course- I'm not outgunned,keep moving,find cover. And Train!!!
    For those of you in the Tuscon area that might be interested it getting in contact with the Instructor I took the course with : Matt Shozda can be reached at [email protected] and his website is FMI: Firearms Training, Survival Training and Self Reliance
    GTGallop likes this.
    “A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”- Robert A. Heinlein

If you aren't shooting, you're reloading, if you aren't reloading, you're moving, if you aren't moving, you're dead.
    Renec likes this.
    KG7NDC

Banned

I have a few Blackhawk buttstock shell holders. They work well and they're 9.00
    Renec likes this.

I don't plan to be in such a situation, . . . but if I were, . . . I'm thinking a chest rig would be my "go to" idea, . . . in the form of a vest.

Velcro on the front of the rig, . . . velcro on the back of the various caliber / gauge shell carriers. I can load up as I need to for a given situation.

In my SHTF scenario at my location, . . . I plan on some patrolling of the area, . . . which will necessitate different load outs for different areas I may patrol. Thus, . . . I want something that will be common to all, . . . yet individual to all.

I can carry AR mags, . . . AK mags, . . . M14 mags, . . . 12 gauge, . . . or whatever seems to be the "most likely needed" for the situation.

In RVN, . . . I carried a M3 sometimes, . . . chest pouch + had mama-san sew an additional pouch down each side pocket in my jungle britches. If I'd a had to use it all up, . . . there would have been one heck of a pile of brass where I made my last stand.

Don't remember who it was that said it, . . . but I fully ascribe to the idea of packing as much ammo as is reasonable, . . . and making it accessible, . . . nobody ever came in from a firefight and complained that from now on he just ain't packing so much ammo.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Renec and GTGallop like this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links