Best place to keep extra rounds for a quick reload ? - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Best place to keep extra rounds for a quick reload ?

This is a discussion on Best place to keep extra rounds for a quick reload ? within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Originally Posted by SoCal92057 The best place to keep extra rounds for a quick reload is in a second gun. NYReload?...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Best place to keep extra rounds for a quick reload ?

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal92057 View Post
    The best place to keep extra rounds for a quick reload is in a second gun.
    NYReload?

I recently was privileged to take a defensive hunting rifle course with a great instructor. I view my Winchester 94 in an entirely new light!
    We used simple elastic butt stock shell holders as ammo sleeves and practiced "combat reloads" while moving and shooting. I found that having a sleeve on my right arm allowed me to drop 3 rounds in the tube magazine and one in the breach very quickly.
    This is exactly the sleeve I used. Allen Company Elastic Buttstock Rifle Cartridge Holder - Walmart.com
    I am going to add a few more to my collection..having a couple "pre-loaded" in a dump pouch will keep you running for quite a while.
    We started out at 150 yards,empty rifle. 1 combat load,shoot 3 rounds move in to 100 yards,shoot prone load 3 rounds (while moving in) to 75 yards,kneel-3 rounds...you get the idea. transition to pistol at 15 yards. This over rough terrain while loading and running. It was a blast!
    “A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”- Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by AquaHull View Post
    NYReload?
    You got it, NY reload.

Best place to keep extra rounds for a quick reload ?-ny-reload.jpg
    Blackcat and Renec like this.
    "To survive you must be able to adapt to change."
    SoCal92057

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Rotflmao NYreload...
    Yeah thats also covered haha

Still not the point im getting at. Im talking about most effective way to reload one firearm of the lever or pump action style.
    Ive got semi autos, pistols, sks and so on.

Multiple firearmes and magazines are not a problem, just not really what im getting at.
    I want to carry spares for my lever or shotgun, in an efficient and effective way that doesnt involve fumbilng around to get them from holder to chamber.

Renec I have some of those... Im curious how you use that. Forearm with rounds on the inner arm I take it ?
    Im going to try that just because :D

I'm a righty..so the sleeve goes on my right arm. For inside our out,that may be personal preference. Mine are on the outside for pushing as many rounds as I can into the mag tube,then drop one in the top (old win 94 is top eject). I can roll the rifle on it's side,load a few quickly and get right back to shooting.
    “A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”- Robert A. Heinlein

In my opinion nothing will be better than having a chest rig for that said rifle or the shotgun. Obviously two are not needed for the same type of rifle. I also think each rifle should have some sort of way to have extra rounds on it. Take my shotgun for example. I have the velcro side saddle, as well as the velcro buttstock saddle. The velcro shotgun cards can be attached like the side saddle or thrown on the buttstock, or in it (look up the shotgun buttstock ammo holder that has a zipper).Its true what you say about loosing rounds. I have seen many videos where they fall out of all types of saddles. From debris or the recoil. I am not sure what can be done about it other than have more cards ready to slap of ammo to slap on. In all the shotgun has 16 rounds on it. Now when I get my shotgun chest rig I will have a way to back those 16 rounds if needed. The same can be applied to your rifle.
    Renec likes this.

A an elastic bullet cuff on the stock or arm seems like it would be quicker loading than pulling from a pocket or shell belt. The way I see it, if I start feeling the need to load a lever action quickly, then it's time to switch it out for an AR or AK.

Quote Originally Posted by Renec View Post
    I recently was privileged to take a defensive hunting rifle course with a great instructor. I view my Winchester 94 in an entirely new light!
    We used simple elastic butt stock shell holders as ammo sleeves and practiced "combat reloads" while moving and shooting. I found that having a sleeve on my right arm allowed me to drop 3 rounds in the tube magazine and one in the breach very quickly.
    This is exactly the sleeve I used. Allen Company Elastic Buttstock Rifle Cartridge Holder - Walmart.com
    I am going to add a few more to my collection..having a couple "pre-loaded" in a dump pouch will keep you running for quite a while.
    We started out at 150 yards,empty rifle. 1 combat load,shoot 3 rounds move in to 100 yards,shoot prone load 3 rounds (while moving in) to 75 yards,kneel-3 rounds...you get the idea. transition to pistol at 15 yards. This over rough terrain while loading and running. It was a blast!
    The Allen Elastic cuffs are what I use actually. For the recoil challenged it adds some mass to the long gun helping reduce felt recoil

The issue I have is..., that I ... don't run or advance to danger. I would lose my Castle Doctrine Protection that way.

Train the way you fight.
    Renec likes this.

I won't edit my post.

It is nice to know how to advance and play Army when all heck has broke loose and you have nothing to lose.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links