Vortex Optics Strikefire II Red Dot
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Vortex Optics Strikefire II Red Dot within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Son1 brought his new Vortex Optics StrikeFire II Red Dot mounted on his Colt LE6920 for me to test today (before I commenced to drinking...Safety ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Vortex Optics Strikefire II Red Dot

Son1 brought his new Vortex Optics StrikeFire II Red Dot mounted on his Colt LE6920 for me to test today (before I commenced to drinking...Safety First People!) So we gathered our eyes and ears and headed to the range. It was a glorious Sunday morning and Son1 had previously zero'd the optic so we were ready to go. I'm no trained Warrior like many of you guys so be easy on me if I say something that makes me look like the average citizen that I am!

I've shot nothing but Iron sights on my AR's for the past few years, I wanted to get back to basics plus I didn't want to waste money on Optics that I may not like. So I've tested a few and I'm here to tell you, the Vortex Strikefire was a pleasure to use. Even with my old eyes, I was able to pick out the dot easily and was on target immediately. Then I did a couple of 3 shot drills alternating from 3 different targets and WOW, so much easier to accomplish this drill using the Vortex vs iron sights!

You can change intensity of the dot and also choose from green or red. I preferred the red. And it melded perfectly with the Colt fixed front sight. We shot off the bench from 100 yards then moved to 50 yards to do the drills.

I really enjoyed shooting with this little red dot and will most likely buy one. Suggested retail is $239 but Son1 picked his up at one of the big box retailers for $159. ($179-$20 Discount Store Coupon applied) Or look at Amazon for $175. Thanks for listening and be safe out there! (Time for a Bourbon and Diet Coke now!)

Attachment 11805

Vortex Optics - StrikeFire II Red Dot
    Last edited by Slippy; 06-28-2015 at 11:15 AM.

My brother in law bought his first AR about a month ago and they gave him one. Not sure why but he sold it too me pretty cheap and bought a scope. I like it. It's on one of my ARs and it's pretty good.
    This place has become more disturbing then SHTF.

Vortex also has one of the best warrentys around. Its no questions asked you drop it off a cliff it breaks the hardest part of the situation will be walking down to pick up the pieces.
    Slippy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

We need to see pictures man!

I had a gen 1 strikefire, the 4MOA dot was a little large for astigmatism though. Sooo I sold it off for a SPARC which is 2MOA, which I sold and then got another SPARC when was bad from PSA, so I got it replaced with one that had a Gen II base. So I had to get that thru Vortex who sent me a TShirt for the trouble.

I sold off that SPARC but have a nice TShirt

I traded off my Crossfire II 2-7 x 32 scope for a Rossi Matched pair that I sold

I'll buy another Vortex product whenever the urge hits again with no regrets

I do not have a strike fire yet, but my next optic will probably be the Vortex Spitfire, Great product, great company.
    Slippy likes this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Quote Originally Posted by James m View Post
    We need to see pictures man!
    Not the best pic jamesm...
    Attachment 11949
    James m and Prepared One like this.

Guys, I have to ask- why would you pick this over an EOTech? My EOTech is a Cadillac, and I love it dearly. Other than price, is there something better about this red dot?
    Slippy likes this.
    Friends don't let friends own Glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyprep View Post
    Guys, I have to ask- why would you pick this over an EOTech? My EOTech is a Cadillac, and I love it dearly. Other than price, is there something better about this red dot?
    Sparky,

My son bought it, he's a firefighter/paramedic and doesn't make much money. I think he would have loved the EOTech but price got in the way. I do not own an EOTech but I've shot weapons with them and they are EXCELLENT.

My opinion is The Vortex is an economically priced alternative. For around 175 ish, not a bad solution. I was impressed.

But on another note, since he lives at the firehouse, he keeps it at my place in my safe... which means...I use it ! HA! Jokes on him! :joyous:

Take care sir!
    sparkyprep likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links