I shot my Glock while going backwards.
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on I shot my Glock while going backwards. within the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; I took my Glock out today and shot it while going backwards. Nothing happened, still shot at point of aim. Didn't jam and ate everything ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Chipper
  • 1 Post By rjd25
  • 1 Post By Stick
  • 1 Post By rjd25

Thread: I shot my Glock while going backwards.

I took my Glock out today and shot it while going backwards. Nothing happened, still shot at point of aim. Didn't jam and ate everything I fed it, no problems of any kind. Wasn't sure it would so I had to find out for myself. Thought I'd mention it in case others were wondering.
    bigwheel likes this.

?? I guess as long as you didn't fire the weapon backwards it was a good day.....:torn:
    bigwheel likes this.

I heard a glock fell in fresh tar was run over by a truck and fire 10 round with fail and killed 12 Bg's
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Sounds like the rotton body found draped over the Ak. They said it shot just fine once they washed off the maggots.

I forgot to shoot my Glock today. But it's gonna snow. I just took off the snow tires on the minivan. The 4 wheel drive S10 is still ready willing and able though

If you shoot a Glock while going backward at 1200 fps, where will the bullet go?

Quote Originally Posted by AquaHull View Post
    I forgot to shoot my Glock today. But it's gonna snow. I just took off the snow tires on the minivan. The 4 wheel drive S10 is still ready willing and able though
    Had the bike out for two weeks now, rode all week it got chilly but was great.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I believe muzzle velocity decreases as one moves away from the bullet's direction of travel. Studies have shown (Reloader #3855, June 1924) that, depending on the velocity of the rearward movement, bullet velocity may decrease by as much as 1-3 fps. At extended ranges, this could translate into a low miss. Paradoxically, when your assailants are riding Shetland ponies and you are retreating, you don't have to aim so low.
    Hemi45 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Diver View Post
    If you shoot a Glock while going backward at 1200 fps, where will the bullet go?
    depends on the velocity of the round as it exits the barrel and also which way the glock was facing when it was fired.

If you assume that you are traveling in a straight line and that the velocity of the round is the same 1200 fps, relative to your frame of reference the bullet would appear to move away from you at 1200 fps. If you were standing on the ground observing, then from that frame of reference the bullet would appear to drop straight to the ground as soon as it leaves the barrel.
    Diver likes this.

Sponsored Links