Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Gun Control On The Way

3K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  Piratesailor 
#1 ·
As expected there are 6 gun control bills in the House ready to move forward. I am sure that these are just the start. Here they are:

H.R.30 - To increase public safety by punishing and deterring firearms trafficking.

H.R.121 - To provide for the hiring of 200 additional Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agents and investigators to enforce gun laws.

H.R.125 - To amend Title 18, United States Code, to provide for a 7-day waiting period before a semiautomatic firearm, a silencer, armor piercing ammunition, or a large capacity ammunition magazine may be transferred.

H.R.127 - To provide for the licensing of firearm and ammunition possession and the registration of firearms, and to prohibit the possession of certain ammunition.

H.R.130 - To require the safe storage of firearms and ammunition, and to require the investigation of reports of improper storage of firearms or ammunition.

H.R.167 - To prohibit the transfer of a firearm at a gun show by a person who is not a federally licensed firearms dealer.

Meanwhile, additional and more sweeping bills are likely inbound.
https://www.guns.com/news/2021/01/07/and-here-come-the-anti-gun-bills-for-2021?avad=224605_e1f30c1e1&utm_source=AvantLink&utm_campaign=176117&utm_medium=ale_NA

#2 ·
Stopped into the LGS this morning on the off chance of scoring some shotgun ammo. I’ve never seen the shelves so bare. 6 or 8 used long guns, all junk. 4 or 5 ARs, and a very few shotguns and 22s, all off brand foreign junk. One customer, desperate for anything he could get, purchased a no-name pump shotgun. There were only total 3 pump shotguns on the racks for sale. The selections were very thin. Ammo stocks were way down but I did get 10 slugs. The salesman said it was next to impossible to get new guns to sell. Everything is on an “allocation basis” and it’s not possible to order more than your alloted quota.

#3 ·
Stopped into the LGS this morning on the off chance of scoring some shotgun ammo. I've never seen the shelves so bare. 6 or 8 used long guns, all junk. 4 or 5 ARs, and a very few shotguns and 22s, all off brand foreign junk. One customer, desperate for anything he could get, purchased a no-name pump shotgun. There were only total 3 pump shotguns on the racks for sale. The selections were very thin. Ammo stocks were way down but I did get 10 slugs. The salesman said it was next to impossible to get new guns to sell. Everything is on an "allocation basis" and it's not possible to order more than your alloted quota.
I have bought 5.56, .308 and 12 gauge ammo online this week. Fifty 12 gauge slugs was what I could find for not too outrageous of a price; no 00 or 00 buck to be had.

#4 · (Edited)
The NRA has it's flaws and Wayne certainly does, but they will fight this tooth and nail. Join now if you aren't already a member. They could use your support for the upcoming fight.

Also, know that no really stupid gun control will get through the Senate. There is not the votes. Joe Manchin of WV is a Democrat, but not when it comes to guns. Look what state he represents. He'll lose his seat in a heartbeat if he voted with Nancy.

#6 ·
The NRA has it's flaws and Wayne certainly does, but they will fight this tooth and nail. Join now if you aren't already a member. They could use your support for the upcoming fight.

Also, know that no really stupid gun control will get through the Senate. There is not the votes. Joe Manchin of WV is a Democrat, but not when it comes to guns. Look what state he represents. He'll lose his seat in a heartbeat if he voted with Nancy.
Even if no gun control is passed the next two years, the left is sure to get a 60+ majority in the Senate come 2022 and then they will pass their wish list of gun control. They got away with massive fraud this time around and it will only be easier with the left in full control of the federal govt. Pelosi also has legislation ready to legalize mail-in voting and ballot harvesting across the nation.

#5 ·
My local gunstore is the Ace Hardware in town.
The guy who takes care of the guns and ammo ordering, buying, and stocking says ammo orders now are taking 90 days to arrive, and even then it is not everything he orders.
And this is not a large-stocking dealer, usually only a case or so of each caliber/brand/loading.

#10 ·
DNC will in the end outlaw all fire arms. been their goal for a long time.

Joe Manchin will do as he is told or be dealt with.

#13 ·
They are too wrap up in themselves to understand what they are doing and the impacts. A few understand and get it. The rest don't. They think they are smarter than us. Jackson lee is a good example. I've personally dealt with her and she thinks the electorate is stupid.

As I have said before, the elites and oligarchs better pay attention to what is happening with guns and ammo. They ignore it at their own peril.

#12 ·
So much is coming down the pike. Most will be hidden within little bills.. New patriot act restrictions lifted, ATF getting financial and personnel boosts..

Reactions: RedLion
#14 ·
I think you will see ammo control laws as well.

California already has a background check for ammo. It serves the purpose of building a database of what caliber you are buying, you must own a weapon of that caliber.

No wonder there are 5 large sporting goods retailers in Reno!

#15 ·
As expected there are 6 gun control bills in the House ready to move forward. I am sure that these are just the start. Here they are:
H.R.125 - To amend Title 18, United States Code, to provide for a 7-day waiting period before a semiautomatic firearm, a silencer, armor piercing ammunition, or a large capacity ammunition magazine may be transferred.
Having just gone through the waiting period for ATF approval for a silencer, these nutjobs are clearly disconnected from reality if they think an extra week is doing anything.
But I can't say I'm surprised. They have no actual understanding of the things they do.

I think you will see ammo control laws as well.

California already has a background check for ammo. It serves the purpose of building a database of what caliber you are buying, you must own a weapon of that caliber.

No wonder there are 5 large sporting goods retailers in Reno!
That was mentioned:
"H.R.127 - To provide for the licensing of firearm and ammunition possession and the registration of firearms, and to prohibit the possession of certain ammunition."

#17 ·
The deal is done. DNC now has white house senate and House. You fell of the trap. Handed it to them.

Reactions: Michael_Js
#20 ·
That will make 1 12 gauge the perfect weapon to own and registered. A long barrel a short barrel, a scoped rifled all can fire the same ammo with many different purposes.
Sorry not correct tactical wise but in theory of guns being taken away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.